• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

3 Gun Gal

Aug 2, 2016
    Carroll Co.
    Magnificent!

Thank you. She's one of the three I compete with. These are the other two.

13083381_10209162443682256_4649899189734880885_n.jpg

3 Gun Gal

Aug 2, 2016
    Carroll Co.
    I'm on here every day, but I don't post much. I'm also looking to get a lesson or two on rifle shooting as I have only shot open sights in the very distant past and am now set up with a scope. Don't know the first thing about it...

I really like milsurps also and have a bunch of SKSs, a few Mausers, an Arisaka wall hanger along with a gaggle of handguns ranging from 1870-2016 (American, Russian, Hungarian, E. German, Bulgarian, and Czech in that order). Bloody things just won't stop breeding in my safes..... haha!!

Which rifle and which scope are you trying to learn?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    A whole subforum for 10 people???

;)

Doncha think if you build it they would come?

BTW, where has ShalNotInfringe been?

Women have the ability to open and post threads as well as the men here , In today's world women are our equals .

It is time we all sink or swim on our own , and I enjoy having women on the forums I belong to .
    They bring some balance , ideas and information that is useful for all of us .

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Welcome aboard! I have not read this entire tread, but I'd invite you to consider joining the Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club, a member Club of the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore. They have their own Womens Division, and I am sure you'd meet some liked minded women there. They also sponsor and teach the NRA approved Women on Target classes that introduce women to the basics of pistol, rifle and shotgun.

Personally, I've seen a 10 fold increase in the number of women who shoot on AGC ranges since 2002. I've been involved in the shooting sports since a teenager; started competing in smallbore in 1952 and had to give up high power competition last year due to illness. Wasn't ready to stop, but the body doesn't cooperate now days.

Lew--Ranger63

I don't know about now, buy many years ago we were members of Stemmer's Run club, and there were a lot of women shooters in the club.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'm on here every day, but I don't post much. I'm also looking to get a lesson or two on rifle shooting as I have only shot open sights in the very distant past and am now set up with a scope. Don't know the first thing about it...

I really like milsurps also and have a bunch of SKSs, a few Mausers, an Arisaka wall hanger along with a gaggle of handguns ranging from 1870-2016 (American, Russian, Hungarian, E. German, Bulgarian, and Czech in that order). Bloody things just won't stop breeding in my safes..... haha!!

Any number of us would be willing to help.

However, scopes are easy. Put the cross hairs on the place you want to hit, and done. :)

Sighting in a scope is the same as irons, but you can actually do it quicker due to the magnification. 2 -3 shots to get it pretty darn close.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    lol. that is true.

When we do decide to have kids, that is what we want to do is teach them the value of them and that having guns is ok. I am glad you do that with your kids, they will never forget that.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I wish my parents had been into guns, hunting, and trapping, so I could have started young. I had 20/10 vision in both eyes till about age 18, so I would have been an ace with shooting. And my silly obsession with cat skeletons when I was 10 could have been satisfied with a fox or raccoon skeleton instead. My stupid gun obsession part 1 of 17-21yrs of age would have already been satisfied. No Uzi this and that for 3 years straight. I think I annoyed the hell out of everyone, since I didn't know any gun people then. If I didn't live in MD, my open carry obsession of 2007-2009 would have been satisfied faster. There would have never been a trapping obsession, as I would have already been doing it long before that time frame.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I am looking at that shotty, and it looks like the tube extends beyond the barrel???? What am I missing? Or is an optical illusion ?

Goes contrary to Hollywood shot pattern, doesn't it?

Long tubes and medium barrels are common in competition.

3 Gun Gal

Aug 2, 2016
    Carroll Co.
    I am looking at that shotty, and it looks like the tube extends beyond the barrel???? What am I missing? Or is an optical illusion ?

It does extend beyond the barrel. It is common in 3 gun. We start matches with 8 in the tube, one in the chamber. Mine holds 10+1, but others hold 13+1. It doesn't affect the shots at all.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The shot does not start spreading that quickly.

At several yards, the pattern is still only a few inches across.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey, its not like intrest in Israeli weapons, Open Carry, trapping and hunting are bad things . Many of us here share at least some of them.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Hey, its not like intrest in Israeli weapons, Open Carry, trapping and hunting are bad things . Many of us here share at least some of them.

LOL, that's why I am here. It's ALWAYS fun when you find the like-minded. I can blab all I want about it and never have someone say " forbidden subject", or "STFU you have been talking that nonstop for 3 years". My dad was the one who said "forbidden subject".

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    My rednecky private range which I mentioned several posts back. Thanks go to Jaybeeze for his skid loader work. Pistol backstop to the right. My dad cut a bunch of trees down to really open the lane up.

Edit: the holes in the pistol backstop are from foxes digging. Range was not being used when pic was taken (regarding truck in the back).

Attachments

• landshootinglanedadstruck.jpg
      landshootinglanedadstruck.jpg
      120.5 KB · Views: 361

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My rednecky private range which I mentioned several posts back. Thanks go to Jaybeeze for his skid loader work. Pistol backstop to the right. My dad cut a bunch of trees down to really open the lane up.

Edit: the holes in the pistol backstop are from foxes digging. Range was not being used when pic was taken (regarding truck in the back).

SWEET.

When should I come over. :)

I was thinking the same thing. So Foxtrapper if I bring some Israeli weapons and Open Carry am I invited as well? :D

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I have 5 ladies ( 2 of which are my daughters 14 and 19) who like to shoot with other ladies if someone wanted to put a gathering together. We are 5 minutes from AGC. I am not a member as of yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom