• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I only had a phone interview. I have no idea why an in person interview is needed. I recommend not making time for one, wait the 90 days and appeal to the HPRB. If they want to discrimate, the can see race, age, sex on application. No requirement for an in person interview. ....

Sent from the 3rd Rock

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think an in person interview allows the MSP to see your mannerism s and body language to assis with their eval of you.

But many folks who appled after Woollard were interviews by phone so maybe I'm full of crap.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I think an in person interview allows the MSP to see your mannerism s and body language to assis with their eval of you.

But many folks who appled after Woollard were interviews by phone so maybe I'm full of crap.

Does anyone know how much and what type of training interviewing Troopers get in the area of psychological evaluation?

Or, is it just a way to prevent the free exercising of civil rights, like a circa 1960's Alabama voter registration application (which looks remarkably similar to a Maryland Handgun Permit Application, also asked for employer info, and was used as a tool to intimidate applicants)

http://www.crmvet.org/info/litapp.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Does anyone know how much and what type of training interviewing Troopers get in the area of psychological evaluation?

Or, is it just a way to prevent the free exercising of civil rights, like a circa 1960's Alabama voter registration application (which looks remarkably similar to a Maryland Handgun Permit Application, also asked for employer info, and was used as a tool to intimidate applicants)

http://www.crmvet.org/info/litapp.pdf

Sounds like a question to ask of someone who formerly ran the division.

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    So I read through about a dozen pages here and cant find the current status of permitting in the state. The form on MSP still shows you need to document multiple threats against your life yet I have heard at the range that isnt the case anymore can anyone tell me if you can get a CC permit now?

Also the form says as a honorable discharged veteran I dont need to take the training does that mean all I need is the photograph and application?

Last I just did my MSP handgun permit to be able to purchase handguns recently do I need to do another fingerprinting for this application or will it already be in the system?

Thanks yall!

-James

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    So I read through about a dozen pages here and cant find the current status of permitting in the state. The form on MSP still shows you need to document multiple threats against your life yet I have heard at the range that isnt the case anymore can anyone tell me if you can get a CC permit now?

You still need a G&S reason to be approved.

Also the form says as a honorable discharged veteran I dont need to take the training does that mean all I need is the photograph and application?

Yes, provide your DD214

Last I just did my MSP handgun permit to be able to purchase handguns recently do I need to do another fingerprinting for this application or will it already be in the system?

Prints are only good for 30 days.

Thanks yall!

-James

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks a mil I got excited at the rumor mill but figured it was still impossible to get one :(

If you are a business owner you stand a very good chance of "MSP granting you the privilege" but don't be in a hurry. Mine took over 100 days from mail box to mail box.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I just wanted to throw this out there. Since MD, DC, and New Jersey are pretty similar in the G&S reason standard, do you all think being rejected in one might make you more susceptible to being rejected in the other? MD could say "oh well NJ didn't approve him, why should we."

I just don't want to poke the bear since obtaining a MD W&C license is much more important to me than New Jersey. I'm not even going to try DC.

What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends on the nature of your G&S...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I just wanted to throw this out there. Since MD, DC, and New Jersey are pretty similar in the G&S reason standard, do you all think being rejected in one might make you more susceptible to being rejected in the other? MD could say "oh well NJ didn't approve him, why should we."

I just don't want to poke the bear since obtaining a MD W&C license is much more important to me than New Jersey. I'm not even going to try DC.

What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Although they are all similar, there are major differences in at least MD and DC.

Interesting to note that DC can impose restrictions but doesn't, leaving MD as the only red headed step child in the nation to impose arbitrary and vague restrictions as to when you can carry even after you have met the burden of G&S.

Kaffakid

May 14, 2017
    DC
    Renewal or initial application?

If you think they give a flying fvck, you're sadly mistaken.

My FL permit was exactly 30 days MAILBOX TO MAILBOX!

No BS, no exaggeration.

Re: Renewals --

Question:

Is there anyone on MD Shooters who was granted a W&C pre-Hogan (e.g. during the Ehrlich Jr. Administration) only to have it arbitrarily rejected on renewal (e.g. during O'Malley)? I'm just concerned about MD 2A rights when there's a return to an anti-2A administration, either this upcoming cycle, or the next.

Subquestion:

Can anyone recall whether the G&S burden was "relaxed" by dem administrations (in Annapolis), such that applicants were getting W&C permits in greater numbers?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Re: Renewals --

Question:

Is there anyone on MD Shooters who was granted a W&C pre-Hogan (e.g. during the Ehrlich Jr. Administration) only to have it arbitrarily rejected on renewal (e.g. during O'Malley)? I'm just concerned about MD 2A rights when there's a return to an anti-2A administration, either this upcoming cycle, or the next.

Subquestion:

Can anyone recall whether the G&S burden was "relaxed" by dem administrations (in Annapolis), such that applicants were getting W&C permits in greater numbers?

Not sure about MDS members, but yes. I saw Knaub presenting the case of the Lic Div in support of denied renewals many times.

Woollard was also a denied renewal.

Kaffakid

May 14, 2017
    DC
    Not sure about MDS members, but yes. I saw Knaub presenting the case of the Lic Div in support of denied renewals many times.

Woollard was also a denied renewal.

Ok thanks. Trying to become more well-versed on Maryland 2A jurisprudence. :cool:

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Sorry if this was already addressed but are there standards or guidelines for G&S reasons? I recently was a witness to a crime in which I was threatened during the arrest of the individual. I will have to testify and have since been harassed via very late night banging on my door and other similar crap. The person arrested has a long list of past criminal history including weapons and drug charges. I have been granted a peace order against him. It seems to me that this seems sufficient???

I also have security clearances etc, I had read where that is also a good justification?

Thanks in advance!

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Does anyone with experience know if the MSP will accept a PO Box for a street address, or do they require a physical address?I have issues with the mail actually getting here and I'd rather not go through this hassle and have it all get hung up on the mail not getting delivered. Do we think they'd be willing to use a PO for routine correspondence if asked? Somehow I already think I know the answer :)

Mark

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Does anyone with experience know if the MSP will accept a PO Box for a street address, or do they require a physical address?I have issues with the mail actually getting here and I'd rather not go through this hassle and have it all get hung up on the mail not getting delivered. Do we think they'd be willing to use a PO for routine correspondence if asked? Somehow I already think I know the answer :)

Mark

I suspect you will have to put your permanant street address on the app but I see no reason you can't use a PO Box for a mailing address. Routine exchanges during the investigation process will likely be through email anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom