• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Anybody have any experience with the VLTOR VC1 compensator? I'm looking for a compensator for my AR (not that I have a whole lot of muzzle rise as it is), and I like the aesthetic on the VLTOR.

Is it an okay compensator? If not, I guess I'll but the bullet and get a Battlecomp.

For reference, this is the rifle this will be for:

Attachments

• _DSC4933.jpg
      _DSC4933.jpg
      39.2 KB · Views: 183

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Someone should design a compensator stock that doubles as a single bit battle axe so when you run out of ammo, you can given em the chop.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    First of all...very nice setup looks alot like my new rifle lol. Good tastes. I have the pws fsc556, its awesome. No recoil, stays on target. Shooting it compared to my gf's rifle and my other rifles is like night and day.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    First of all...very nice setup looks alot like my new rifle lol. Good tastes. I have the pws fsc556, its awesome. No recoil, stays on target. Shooting it compared to my gf's rifle and my other rifles is like night and day.

I'm familiar with the FSC556, but I'm not sure if I like how the FSC556 sends the blast sideways. I do about half of my shooting indoors, in booths, and only a few feet from other people, so it would kind of make me the most antisocial person at the range.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I'm familiar with the FSC556, but I'm not sure if I like how the FSC556 sends the blast sideways. I do about half of my shooting indoors, in booths, and only a few feet from other people, so it would kind of make me the most antisocial person at the range.

Yeah, but EVERYONE will knowwho you are. :)

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    I have one on my M4orgery. Permanently fixed it brings the 14.5 inch barrel to 16 inch. It is made to accept BFAs and the Gemtech Halo suppressor. Of course the Halo goes on any standard NATO 22MM flash hider. I like it, seems to reduce muzzle jump. Never had an adjacent shooter complain about the concussion. Standing next to the Battlecomp. Multiple friends with one. Can be a little ruff.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    This got me looking at brakes for my g/f's rifle. I found the YHM 5M1, looks to be a very nice brake for the money, only 26 bux.

I see your considering the battlecomp, no epierence there, but the Spikes dynacomp looks alot like it.

I just noticed yours is a 20". Mines a 14.5 middy lol. Everything is is bascially the same though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom