• ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    ‘My dog shot me’
    Pet triggers handgun in man’s holster

http://www.messengernews.net/news/local-news/2018/05/my-dog-shot-me/
    Richard Remme, 51, of Fort Dodge, was taken to the hospital Wednesday with what was, fortunately, not with a serious injury.

So what happened?

“My dog shot me,” Remme said.

Police and the UnityPoint Health — Trinity Regional Medical Center ambulance were called to Remme’s home at about 10:50 a.m., according to the Fort Dodge Police Department.

“I carry. It’s a Ruger 9 mm, and it’s got a safety on it,” Remme said. “I was lying on the couch, and we were horsing around, me and the dog. And I was tossing him off my lap, and he was jumping back on my lap.

“And I carry in a belly band, under my bib overalls. And apparently he bumped the safety one time, and when he bounded back over one of his toes went right down into the trigger guard.

“It has a trigger safety as well as a thumb safety, and he managed to hit both of them, and it discharged and went into my leg, did no major damage to anything.”

Fort Dodge Police Chief Roger Porter told the same story. He said investigating officers found Remme was home alone, with his dog, Balew, and were told about the accidental discharge.

“He has a license to carry, and a license for the gun,” Porter said.

It was a freak thing, Porter said.

“I’ve never heard of that,” he said. “I’ve heard of guns dropping and going off on the floor, and horsing around and guns going off. I can’t say I’ve heard a dog story before.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    My dog dented a car in the local Giant parking lot and didn't leave a note.

Bad dog.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Hmmm call BS. So the dog at one point accidently disengaged the thumb safety and then engaged the trigger enough to disengage the trigger safety all through overalls and a holster...

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    IMHO, Probably shot himself cleaning it (and didn’t ensure it unloaded) or got careless when removing the carry belt.

Not sure he’s fooling anyone but himself with that overly complex and unlikely story. Just was lucky nobody was seriously hurt. :sad20:

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Any powder burns? 9mm didn’t go thru? Would’ve been very uncomfortable playing “belly bounce” with my dog wearing a belly band. That such a bad part of town you have to carry in your house? Blame the dog. Hope he bites your nut off one night when least expecting.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Always blaming it on the dog.
    6932a1a0ebe2e89d62e1d0bacd49cb4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Belly bands dont have a lot of protection around the trigger guard. They are nothing but spandex, so pretty easy to pull the trigger through the belly band.

Id have to say, plausible. If you are doing sports and you must use the belly band, ok. If you have to fit into a size 2 dress or short short shorts, i get it. Otherwise id say avoid them there are a lot better options.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Belly bands dont have a lot of protection around the trigger guard. They are nothing but spandex, so pretty easy to pull the trigger through the belly band.

Id have to say, plausible. If you are doing sports and you must use the belly band, ok. If you have to fit into a size 2 dress or short short shorts, i get it. Otherwise id say avoid them there are a lot better options.
    Yeah was thinking the same.. it's the worst holster you can use..might as well do a Mexican carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom