• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atom33

Worker Drone - 7G
    Dec 7, 2008
    AmerikaTown
    Lowe's Military Discount-Active Duty and Retired 10% off anytime, Veterans 10% off weekends of Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day. Ad says in-store only.

From Lowes.com:
    Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services1 and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.2 This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans or VA Recipients.
    To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:
    Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID card.
    Or:
    Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC).
    We honor all veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service. The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the veteran community on these three holidays only.
    The Military Discount must be used on personal purchases only and cannot be used for Lowes.com purchases, previous sales or the purchase of gift cards or services including product installations. It cannot be combined with the Lowe’s Price Guarantee or promotions such as "Spend and Get," "New Mover," "Project Starter," "Your Choice" or discounts such as Quote Support Program (QSP) quotes.
    1Armed Services — US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard or the National Guard and who are in active, reserve or retired status.
    2Retired Veterans and VA Recipients — Veterans who have retired after 20 years of service and/or those who receive VA Benefits.
    3Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old).

atom33

Worker Drone - 7G
    Dec 7, 2008
    AmerikaTown
    Home Depot is about the same 10% discount. It 's on the day of the holidays only for veterans (not the entire weekend like Lowes).

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I knocked heads with Lowes a few years ago after purchasing over $3,200 worth of mdse and not getting the discount, of which I was not aware. There was/is no way to know of the 10% discount...nothing posted in the stores.

So, when I learned of the discount, I took CC receipts to the Laurel store manager, got hassled and eventually a $250 refund when they would not honor all my receipts.

So, we no longer shop at Lowes...we like Home Depot. Both Lowes and Home Depot honor the 10% military discount year round on all purchases.

Lew--Ranger63

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I knocked heads with Lowes a few years ago after purchasing over $3,200 worth of mdse and not getting the discount, of which I was not aware. There was/is no way to know of the 10% discount...nothing posted in the stores.

So, when I learned of the discount, I took CC receipts to the Laurel store manager, got hassled and eventually a $250 refund when they would not honor all my receipts.

So, we no longer shop at Lowes...we like Home Depot. Both Lowes and Home Depot honor the 10% military discount year round on all purchases.

Lew--Ranger63

May not. I have only one experience but most recently at Home Depot, I was told they are now capping the discount at $50. Plus, they've never honored the 10% when I was getting already discounted merchandise. I bought a heavily discounted open box dishwasher and there was no discount and it would've capped at $50.

Lowe's has always given the the 10% on top of whatever the sale was and it's still 10% no matter what (at least for the amounts I've spent: <5k).

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    At Lowe's officially the discount is supposed to be this weekend only but we honor the 10% year round with a valid Military ID card or a VA Identification card. This is for personal use only and I unfortunately have gotten into disputes with Contractors trying to use the discount for their business, which sucks because as I do respect the HELL out of their service, they are attempting to abuse the program's intended use to get a leg up on the competition which I cannot abide. They might get over on me once or twice but when I notice them using the Military Discount over, and over, and over again on different huge projects and then using a Business Credit Card which requires Job Names or one of my Lowe's Business Accounts I have to interject and ask some questions. Sucks that some people take advantage of something and have the potential to ruin the program for everyone. Thanks for your service everyone on here and feel free to stop by the Gaithersburg Lowe's Pro Desk and say hi to me and I would love to help you accomplish your project on time, on budget, and hassle-free. Joe.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Here we go again.... My understanding is that Lowe's will honor the Veteran's discount every day (10%) and the Homo Depot will only honor it on Veteran's Day. HD did at one time honor it year round but that was years ago, different stores may have different policies the same with restaurants and other retail stores.

.02 - 10% = ?

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Last weekend I bought $200 worth of plywood and 2x4's at Lowes and got the discount.

Here in Colorado if you are active or a vet they put the branch's emblem on your drivers license. I have the US Navy seal on mine. I just flash my license each time I go to Lowes and they give me the discount. The local liquor store does too, which is nice.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    May not. I have only one experience but most recently at Home Depot, I was told they are now capping the discount at $50. Plus, they've never honored the 10% when I was getting already discounted merchandise. I bought a heavily discounted open box dishwasher and there was no discount and it would've capped at $50.

Lowe's has always given the the 10% on top of whatever the sale was and it's still 10% no matter what (at least for the amounts I've spent: <5k).
    At Lowe's we cap out at a max discount of $2K which means you have to to $20K of purchasing power. We have a stacking matrix on discounts so it is often advantageous to use your 10% Military Discount and then use your Lowe's Card to take advantage of the financing options available.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    At Lowe's we cap out at a max discount of $2K which means you have to to $20K of purchasing power. We have a stacking matrix on discounts so it is often advantageous to use your 10% Military Discount and then use your Lowe's Card to take advantage of the financing options available.

I knew there was a limit. Thanks for the info. Lowe's is my favorite place. Would've bought the dishwasher there but couldn't find one we liked in a price range we could live with.

espantoonMP

Jun 26, 2012
    Last weekend I bought $200 worth of plywood and 2x4's at Lowes and got the discount.

Here in Colorado if you are active or a vet they put the branch's emblem on your drivers license. I have the US Navy seal on mine. I just flash my license each time I go to Lowes and they give me the discount. The local liquor store does too, which is nice.
    You get a military discount at the liquor store? Very nice.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Not to hijack, I shop mainly at HD and use my vet designated drivers license for 10% discount on every purchase all year. Never have an issue with it. I purchase stuff almost weekly.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    As a contractor, I'm careful to only use my discount for personal purchases of tools, materials for my house, etc. I refuse to take advantage of HD's and Lowe's generosity by using it for my business purchases.

I would hate to see this program go away because Veterans abuse it. I think it also reflects poorly on us. As Vets, we are supposed to be honorable and uphold the highest of standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom