• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Their building on Bestgate added a no guns sign after the shooting and a month ago they added no knife signs. That’s every door in the building. Much safer now.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Their building on Bestgate added a no guns sign after the shooting and a month ago they added no knife signs. That’s every door in the building. Much safer now.

Yeah that'll stop them from doing murdering people. It's not like that's against the law... wait... ****... Well if they put up 'no murder allowed' signs, then this definitely wouldn't have happened...

And to that letter......

Attachments

• cc361b3829721d8bf46dc6d3722bb2b7.jpg
      cc361b3829721d8bf46dc6d3722bb2b7.jpg
      9.4 KB · Views: 1,894

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    And a letter writer comes up with a brilliant solution for stopping mass shootings :sad20:

https://www.capitalgazette.com/opinion/letters/ac-ce-letters-20190602-story.html

Gun violence

It’s amazing to me why with these mass shootings, no one seems to be addressing methods that stop or reduce the effectiveness of a mass shooter.

A system that responds to the sound or chemical signal from one gunshot could set off an alarm that turned on a sprinkler system or bright light or sound that would interrupt the shooter or maybe lockup the gun being used.

These are just some examples intended as food for thought. I'm sure dedicated scientists/researchers can devise much more sophisticated methods to produce such systems that could be installed in the appropriate areas.

There may be some inconveniences like wet or temporarily blinded victims but they would be alive. But as I've said before I'm sure better, more accommodating systems can be devised with the proper and dedicated research effort.

It will be well worth all of our lives!

ALLEN SAMPSON

Edgewater

This genius deserves to be read by those who won't bother to click the link.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Why do we always have to wait until after someone gets shot to react? I recall seeing something about Washington DC running a pilot program to stop crimes before they happened. Seemed pretty effective.

Pre-crime? Didn’t they make a movie about that? Oh yeah Minority Report... sounds great just have to round up some precogs :rofl:

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Das Kapital Pravda up to its usual trash reporting, I see.

Some sales rep was at the grocery store peddling discounted Cap Gazette subscriptions a while back. "How much? Hmm, tempting but no thanks. I'll stick with Charmin."

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This genius deserves to be read by those who won't bother to click the link.

Thanks. Didn't need to swim through the mind of an idiot. Is neurosis communicable?

To the author: What if I'm packing a "water pistol"(making quote signs with my fingers)?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

How do they feel about sporks? Asking for a friend...

Also, I'm waiting for some genius to propose setting sound activated Claymore mines in the ceiling to deter shooters. :sad20:

r100rsman

Mar 9, 2017
    Olney
    Wow, these "editors" are intolerant and ignorant. To call people with differing views name ("crackpots") is a sign of childish stupidity. That publication is run by people who are not journalist.

"Crackpots will suggest handing out more guns is the way to end shootings in schools or workplaces or malls. Crackpot states will make it the law."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom