• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Virginia’s shiny new liberal governor will be introducing a raft of new legislation that will “prevent gun violence.” Along with the usual Moms agenda, a state ban on “assault weapons.”

Come on, MDGA, you’re not going to let Virginia out-do you on the gun grabbing, are you? Of course not.

https://wset.com/news/at-the-capito...trol-package-to-be-introduced-in-next-session

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Why would he even propose this when he know he doesn’t have the votes? Kinda blows his moderate image. The usual dem way is to keep a lid on the radical tendencies until they’ve fooled voters into giving them absolute power.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    I really don't think that our elected maroons in Annapolis need any encouragement...

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Why would he even propose this when he know he doesn’t have the votes? Kinda blows his moderate image. The usual dem way is to keep a lid on the radical tendencies until they’ve fooled voters into giving them absolute power.

Just so he can fund raise. Bloomberg isn't going to spend his money on a moderate.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Predictable move. Even if none of these pass, he gets play the "I tried" card and further vilify Republicans with the suburban moms. Liberals play the culture war game better then conservatives.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Aren’t Virginia governors limited to one term but can run again after another governor’s term? So what office will he run for when his term is up?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    "The bill also modifies the definition of assault firearm to any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition."

Virginia.Next: a Libtards delight?!? It seems like that is coming to a state near us.

I hope they can repel all of these proposed infringements.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Virginia wants to be like Maryland: pass gun control, see the homicide rate skyrocket 35% the following year.

Good plan!!

Dont these assholes ever actually learn gun control does not work??

DK Firearms

Industry Partner
    He is doing this because our off year election is coming up this November. Our entire state assembly and state senate will be up for grabs this November. If the Dems take control, which they probably will (thanks NOVA), these same proposals will be brought up when the new legislature takes office.

This is the plan by the Democrats in VA to show DC and the Liberals that a once pro gun state can change and have "sensible gun control".

I left NY for VA 12 years ago, and the nonsense keeps following me, I guess my anti Democrat votes get cancelled out by the rest of the NYers moving down here.

2020 will be interesting in VA to say the least.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    He is doing this because our off year election is coming up this November. Our entire state assembly and state senate will be up for grabs this November. If the Dems take control, which they probably will (thanks NOVA), these same proposals will be brought up when the new legislature takes office.

This is the plan by the Democrats in VA to show DC and the Liberals that a once pro gun state can change and have "sensible gun control".

I left NY for VA 12 years ago, and the nonsense keeps following me, I guess my anti Democrat votes get cancelled out by the rest of the NYers moving down here.

Thank you for the explanation. I knew he couldn’t run for re-election and was wondering why he was doing this.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The Repubs have a two vote majority in both houses of the GA..

Most likely it will fail.

At least I pray that's so.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    "The bill also modifies the definition of assault firearm to any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition."

Virginia.Next: a Libtards delight?!? It seems like that is coming to a state near us.

I hope they can repel all of these proposed infringements.

Well, that's just lovely...so scout style rifles are now "assault weapons"? Great.

Virginia wants to be like Maryland: pass gun control, see the homicide rate skyrocket 35% the following year.

Good plan!!

Dont these assholes ever actually learn gun control does not work??

I may be missing your sarcasm here, and I apologize for being 'Captain Obvious'...but gun control has never (or almost never) been about reducing homicide rates. This announcement, in particular, stinks of pandering and political grandstanding. It's not even trying to disguise the overreach.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Most likely any gun control bills will fail in the VA legislature, GOP has majority control of both chambers, although a slim majority.

Several of the Dems in the Virginia House and Senate are actually in lean-red or red areas, and took their seats in the so called "wave" election that boosted Dems. I think they are likely to lose their reelection, need the Republican base to show up in November. Remember even the Dems were surprised when they netted 15 seats in the VA House.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    not like it will matter, but i emailed the gov's office in opposition to all this crap. he got voted in at least in part for gun control so surely he sees that as his mandate to control guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom