• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    Meanwhile....I'm driving through Lancaster County right now where it takes a whole whopping literally TWENTY ****N MINUTES to get a carry permit.

MSP is a complete joke, I don't miss many opportunities to educate others about their constant ********.

First item on the agenda when carry permit arrives...get a PA permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I received a call today (May 13th) from the investigator conducting my background investigation and he spent a total of about 10 min asking me questions. The first part was verifying my personal info, second part was criminal history, drug use, alcohol consumption, firearms training, what firearm I was planning to carry and why I wanted a permit and why am I applying now. After all of that he asked to speak with my wife who was asked 3 questions. 1. Was she aware that I applied? 2. Did she have an issue with it? 3. Has there been any domestic violence in the house? The investigator told me they hired a new unit to handle all of the applications to include the backlog of apps that were old as well as new. He told me I should here something within the next 60 days. This appears to be moving along pretty fast. I hope this pace keeps up and I get approved soon.

I wonder if the same three questions would be asked of the husband if teh applicant was a female.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Hello
    So I haven't been on the site in a while and not been able to pay attention to what's going on. Is the MD CCW situation still the same? As in if you are not a business owner that carries cash deposits you won't get a Permit ?

I had one with my business a few years back but 1. don't have the business any longer and 2. the permit expired years ago.
    Thank you for any info.
    PS I did read back a few pages on this thread but didn't see anything.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Hello
    So I haven't been on the site in a while and not been able to pay attention to what's going on. Is the MD CCW situation still the same? As in if you are not a business owner that carries cash deposits you won't get a Permit ?

I had one with my business a few years back but 1. don't have the business any longer and 2. the permit expired years ago.
    Thank you for any info.
    PS I did read back a few pages on this thread but didn't see anything.

In short: no, nothing has really changed if you're not a business owner. For those that ARE business owners, the restriction situation has recently improved, but for everyone else, the couple of counties that run the state still hate your liberty and are unconstitutionally acting to prevent it. There are some things brewing in the courts that might, might, might improve matters. Much patience still required, and any donations you can make to MSI are dollars spent in the right direction on this front.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    In short: no, nothing has really changed if you're not a business owner. For those that ARE business owners, the restriction situation has recently improved, but for everyone else, the couple of counties that run the state still hate your liberty and are unconstitutionally acting to prevent it. There are some things brewing in the courts that might, might, might improve matters. Much patience still required, and any donations you can make to MSI are dollars spent in the right direction on this front.

Thank you sir. Yes MSI has my support for sure. I get their emails for fund drives and updates.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Does anyone know the timeline of MD becoming a may issue state or was it always a may issue state?

Maryland became may issue in 1972. That is the year the permitting became a law. Before that i believe it was constitutional carry. Correct me if i am incorrect

Nobody

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom