• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Rob, I know lots of guys who are named "Robert" who "call" themselves "Rob."
    There are also a lot of Dicks that are named really Richard.

Then..... there are lot that aren't either.

I like him because we need people who appeal to a younger group. Put a 300 pound neck beard in that seat and no one is listening to a word he says.....

I know that's not "right", but it's the way of the world.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    100% disagree and this s not a fact based post. How would a guy why is open about his relationship with the NRA a "puppet?" You think NRA should not have any people who occasionally do contract Public relations work?

He is not "paid" he is compensated. There are Plenty of people in social media who are not employees but get mutually beneficial relationships with their social media.

And the NRA is the only one fighting any battles that get won. Compare that the GOA which is a laughing stock among the tiny portion of people who have even heard of it -- and simply ripping off gun owners.

Which is fine many on here disagree every single day. I pay very close attention to how those speaking for us react in these situations.. So as long you follow them closely too, hold each 2a celeb accountable, made your own judgement, then I certainly respect your opinion and point of view.
    In my eyes he wiggled pretty hard with the blizzard of comments on his social media about the red flag law and bumpstock situation. Not to mention vanished for a bit..

“He is not paid he is compensated”
    Yea because those two are
    completely different (semantics)

Yes there are a ton of people on social media getting products and paychecks from manufactures to push a product. Whether they actually believe in the product or just see it as a payday..
    Vastly different from someone who we had confidence in to represent us in the media with millions of viewers (many who are not gun people) but now know he will jump on the other side of our rights when blinded by money and self promotion. He could have easily walked away from the NRA until they do some house cleaning and still get paid handsomely from his other sponsors.

As for the NRA being the white knight for us all and the GOA being the corrupt money hungry org who does a lot of nothing. I can see now we are worlds apart in our opinions lol

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    So if your name is Collins Iyare Idehen Jr. then Colion Noir is close enough?

He admits he took a stage name for marketing.

Exactly, was kinda funny watching him explain that on Joe Rogans podcast lmao

Rogan should make a pseudonym too.. Call himself “JoJitsu Noir”
    Or maybe even Donald Trump should change his to DonJuan Noir ?
    Then in 2020 Trump can get all the Latino votes

As for my name yes there is Robert and Bob/Bobby etc that call themselves Rob.
    Much like Joseph to Joe etc.. We all get that..
    I guess I wondered off the beaten path and didn’t make a really cool alias on a public forum.
    Regardless calling yourself “Colion Noir” from Collins Iyare Idehen Jr as if you’re suddenly from France is not the same lol

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahaha

There are also a lot of Dicks that are named really Richard.

Then..... there are lot that aren't either.

I like him because we need people who appeal to a younger group. Put a 300 pound neck beard in that seat and no one is listening to a word he says.....

I know that's not "right", but it's the way of the world.

1) one of my younger brothers is named Robert. I have called him Robbie since we were kids. He is 4 years younger than I. He likes Rob or Robert. Soooooo, whenever we all get together..... s'up Robbie :P

2) a client of mine is named Richard but goes by Dick. Whenever we converse or whatever, he will say, this is Dick. I always reply Richard. Cannot say Dick to him. Dunno why. Love the guy. His firm, as well.

lolol

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    So if your name is Collins Iyare Idehen Jr. then Colion Noir is close enough?
    putting his first name is scare quotes is silly. And someone who is here using a nickname themselves is hypocritical. They guy has never hid who is is. His earliest material he notes he has a stage name because of the constant mispronunciation of his last name.

it is ad hominem and cranky attack on him as is calling him a "puppet", which is asinine

"as if you’re suddenly from France is not the same lol"

yeah you mocking fails again. His family came original from Benin aka FRENCH West Africa, in an area that then was transferred to Nigeria shortly before his parents left. so in fact his parents probably did speak french

Seriously you call a guy who has doing 1,000x more than you have to promote and protect the second amendment a "puppet" and you just mock the fact that he has picked a stage name to use instead of a very difficult to pronounce one for his entertainment channel?

He has given a mini bio plenty of times including his actual name and why he uses a more pronounceable one. he isn't hiding anything

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    1) one of my younger brothers is named Robert. I have called him Robbie since we were kids. He is 4 years younger than I. He likes Rob or Robert. Soooooo, whenever we all get together..... s'up Robbie

2) a client of mine is named Richard but goes by Dick. Whenever we converse or whatever, he will say, this is Dick. I always reply Richard. Cannot say Dick to him. Dunno why. Love the guy. His firm, as well.

lolol
    You should call him Beto. Worked for that Texas guy looking for the Latino vote.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    putting his first name is scare quotes is silly. And someone who is here using a nickname themselves is hypocritical. They guy has never hid who is is. His earliest material he notes he has a stage name because of the constant mispronunciation of his last name.

it is ad hominem and cranky attack on him as is calling him a "puppet", which is asinine

yeah you mocking fails again. His family came original from Benin aka FRENCH West Africa, in an area that then was transferred to Nigeria shortly before his parents left.

Seriously you call a guy who has doing 1,000x more than you have to promote and protect the second amendment a "puppet" and you just mock the fact that he has picked a stage name to use instead of a very difficult to pronounce one for his entertainment channel?

He has given a mini bio plenty of times including his actual name and why he uses a more pronounceable one. he isn't hiding anything
    I literally have no idea what you are saying here.

You are the one who said it sounded similar to Robert - Rob. No you are wrong. He freely admits he changed his name for marketing. And if you read, I'm that one who likes him. I said he wasn't a puppet . Don't put others quotes under my name.

Sheesh. Go back and start over.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I literally have no idea what you are saying here..
    I am pointing to the ignorance of someone who apparently doesn't know the west side of Nigeria next to Benin is French speaking when they said:
    It is like saying someone from Haiti with a difficult to pronounce African name has no French context for a stage or nick name -- when they come from a French colony.

There are lots of people with very difficult to pronounce names who formally or informally shorten names here, and mocking them for doing so is asinine.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Try again. Read the thread.

1. You are quoting others and putting my name on it.

2. He admits he changed his name!!!

It's like conversing with a dolphin.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Vastly different from someone who we had confidence in to represent us in the media with millions of viewers (many who are not gun people) but now know he will jump on the other side of our rights when blinded by money and self promotion. He could have easily walked away from the NRA until they do some house cleaning and still get paid handsomely from his other sponsors

You have said paycheck a bunch of times, that is simply not accurate. I have statuary employees, vendors and business I cooperate with, the latter two don't get "paychecks."

As for the NRA being the white knight for us all and the GOA being the corrupt money hungry org who does a lot of nothing. I can see now we are worlds apart in our opinions lol

I have former employees and colleagues on the hill, and in Md and VA state houses. They don't care anything about what GOA says or does.

It is very common in lobbying, especially on public policy issues, for parasite groups like GOA to set up shop, take an extreme positions and do nothing positive to an actual affect, and attack the group that is actually functional.

Those of us who know about lobbying know that NRA was not going to magically conjure six or seven Democrat senators, let this time by schumer a may issue hardliner and get reciprocity passed. We know that the way the bump stock "ban" was done was the best most neutered way, and frankly do not support felons getting guns, and while not supporting all red flag, know that reducing impact of those were they are a 100% impossible to stop

but you know it is like the critics of Trump, they are being childish. Who on earth agrees 100% with any president?. I strongly disagree with the president or the GOP on gay rights or half of the GOP position on climate change.

And sure I have seen the GOA attacks on Colin Noir of late. It is laughable.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Try again. Read the thread.
    1. You are quoting others and putting my name on it.
    2. He admits he changed his name!!!
    It's like conversing with a dolphin.

you did not read my post, I was noting quite specifically the other poster's weird assertion that a guy with parents from a French speaking former colony was being pretentious using a French nickname as if a French colony has no connection to France!

And that is right, he has explained is real name, pronunciation issues many times he never has "hidden" it

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Stage names for public performances including YouTube are common . Colin seems close enough to Collins that it could be used in real life . Nior always seemed to me an obvious stage name .

The money thing is all semantics . Various terminology gets used by general public interchangeablely that has different exact meanings . I'm not privy to any actual contracts , but as best understanding :

Is he an * Employee * of NRA ? No
    Does he have a relationship with NRA/ NRA affiliated entity that in some way financially rewarding ? Almost certainly

Is that a big deal ? Dunno . He is rather unusual in independently having large following that includes wide range of followers not traditionally grouped together . Different individuals have the whole range of opinions on Colin + NRA .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Deserving its own post , I've occasionally opined on the topic of ( former) Felons . This can be an ideological purist hot button in either direction .

Going by overall numbers , most convicted felons ( of traditional felonies) are recidivist dirt bags . But Most isn't all , and some prohibiting offenses are highly inflated and dubious.

My theory is if offender completes total sentence, including any follow on supervision sucuessfully , PLUS goes for X number of years w/o any new offenses , then they should be Restored . Should X be 20yrs ? 10yrs ? or ?? That's open to debate .

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    you did not read my post, I was noting quite specifically the other poster's weird assertion that a guy with parents from a French speaking former colony was being pretentious using a French nickname as if a French colony has no connection to France!

And that is right, he has explained is real name, pronunciation issues many times he never has "hidden" it

Then don't make it appear as a quote from me which you do constantly throughout threads. It wasn't pronunciation issues. It was for brand recognition. You clearly don't follow him or watch his videos. He had a 5 minute explanation on Joe Rogan's podcast.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Some here wishes he was Tom Selleck... Who by the way sat on the Board of Directors until recently and was quiet. Selleck allegedly has been in the NRA since he was 8 years old. Selleck has done less for NRA in his 66 years being amember than this "kid" in less than 10 years. I always saw compensated as meaning being paid a sum for a singular thing. Being employed means he draws a check regularly like every 2 weeks.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey now , feel free to comment positively or not upon Nior . But don't diss Tom Selleck .

For decades he was one of , if not The highest profile Pro- 2A Person in Hollywood . ( Heston's acting career was pretty much over before his public 2A activism . Selleck was mid career, and doing so put him in potential financial jeopardy .)

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co

yeah you mocking fails again. His family came original from Benin aka FRENCH West Africa, in an area that then was transferred to Nigeria shortly before his parents left. so in fact his parents probably did speak french

You seem to be triggered by all this. Again like I said before, who cares what he calls himself. Carrying on about it to defend your argument is either silly or maybe you just don’t listen to the man explain it himself..
    I’ll go ahead and hold your hand and post the video, he makes it clear why he changed his name after Rogan grilled him a bit. Strange he left out the whole my family came from French speaking West Africa part out..
    Seems to me he made it very very clear, maybe you missed the interview?..”I wanted to make a YouTube channel and I thought my name wasn’t cool enough”

As for as what I’ve done in just 2yrs in the gun community... I’d say quite a lot actually and working on much much more. I can post my resume against yours but that would be for an entirely different thread/conversation.
    The question you should ask yourself is what have you done?
    Hopefully your are not seriously counting on a youtuber from Texas to care about your MD guns laws and will somehow single-handedly stop the erosion of all things 2nd amendment?..
    I’m not trying to be a d*ck here and you seem to be taking this a bit too personal. My feelings are never hurt by strangers on the world wide
    web most are pretty good people in person, get them behind a screen name and hell breaks loose.
    I will again repeat myself, I was a huge fan of Colion until I wasn’t which was his tap dance around the latest developments with the NRA siding with the opposition. Which put him in a tight spot since he is obviously affiliated with them some way shape or form, and certainly backs them.
    When I was hanging out with Adam Kraut we discussed all these topics, he made it very clear where he stood and what the NRA needed to do as the most influential 2A org when running for the board. That’s someone I could count on not to be wishy washy.
    I think most can agree Noir does not need the NRA, in fact I think they need him much more in that relationship.
    If you follow him so much you can stroll thru Colion’s social media accounts and see for yourself where things got strangely quiet and he did a dance when his followers grilled him, back when the NRA was taking a beating for their stance.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I have former employees and colleagues on the hill, and in Md and VA state houses. They don't care anything about what GOA says or does.

It is very common in lobbying, especially on public policy issues, for parasite groups like GOA to set up shop, take an extreme positions and do nothing positive to an actual affect, and attack the group that is actually functional.

Those of us who know about lobbying know that NRA was not going to magically conjure six or seven Democrat senators, let this time by schumer a may issue hardliner and get reciprocity passed. We know that the way the bump stock "ban" was done was the best most neutered way, and frankly do not support felons getting guns, and while not supporting all red flag, know that reducing impact of those were they are a 100% impossible to stop

but you know it is like the critics of Trump, they are being childish. Who on earth agrees 100% with any president?. I strongly disagree with the president or the GOP on gay rights or half of the GOP position on climate change.

And sure I have seen the GOA attacks on Colin Noir of late. It is laughable.

Well then your colleagues and friends should start paying attention. The GOA (1.5mil followers), National Association for Gun rights (4.5mil followers), the 2nd amendment foundation (500k followers) and various others are growing pretty rapidly in membership and popularity while the NRA (5mil followers) is losing several supporters/members, if you’re paying attention quite a few companies have even pulled their money/support and booths from upcoming NRA shows and been applauded for it.
    I’m all for more options, because at this point the NRA has shown me absolutely nothing, meanwhile others have filed various lawsuits and haven’t disappeared suddenly. Watching the NRA make post after post about a free range bag from china if you renew today while their social media was being hammered completely being oblivious to the elephant in the room was pretty hysterical.
    Pratt stood tall on Fox every time he’s been interview (speaks/articulates himself well) and other various mainstream YT channels and all their social media outlets regarding their firm standing. The NRA thread on here exposing their troubled finances and questionable spending should also be a concern to any and all who support them (reminds me a lot
    of Susan G, can’t believe I supported/donated and participated in their events).
    Might also open your eyes to visit the NRA’s social media and see them get torched daily by their own members and now many former members. I’m not on team eat each other like all the Democrat candidates in 2020, we all have to be on the same team these days and we all bring something different to the table but just like family if you completely disagree then stand up and say something.
    To hear the biggest 2A org say they support national red flag laws and the bump stock ban is extremely troubling. We have seen first hand what effect it’s had in just a few short months here in MD and few even know about it..wait until it’s overwhelming and completely abused with more time.
    Second the slippery slope of the bumpstock ban is the beginning to the end to all things aftermarket, there is no arguing this one. Aftermarket trigger, quick mag release, faster BCG, lightened bolt, polished trigger bar etc will follow thereafter

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom