• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    While using the bore lock I'm noticing that it's being damaged by the extractor. Is this normal or could this be damaging my extractor? Apologies if I'm not using the right terminology
    cfbbef4ad99bb4d75d8fe23b85f049f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    While using the bore lock I'm noticing that it's being damaged by the extractor. Is this normal or could this be damaging my extractor? Apologies if I'm not using the right terminology

The sole purpose of the bore lock is to infringe on your natural, civil, constitutional rights. It has no real benefits over, say, a nice safe. The sole use is to get your gun from point A (FFL) to point B (home) without forking over an extra $30. Keep it in your range bag so the next time you are at your FFL, you dont forget it when picking up a new firearm. I guarantee your range bag has no extractor.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    Wait...you're actually using it? :confused: I didn't think they were meant to actually be used once you left the FFL:tinfoil:
    I'm just checking it out bro, right now the the people in this house are not used to it. Until my safe gets here that's how it is.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    The sole purpose of the bore lock is to infringe on your natural, civil, constitutional rights. It has no real benefits over, say, a nice safe. The sole use is to get your gun from point A (FFL) to point B (home) without forking over an extra $30. Keep it in your range bag so the next time you are at your FFL, you dont forget it when picking up a new firearm. I guarantee your range bag has no extractor.
    I gotcha, for my own education I'm just trying to find out if it is damaging the gun.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I highly doubt it will do anything steel cased 9mm wouldn't do. If anything, I'd say your gun is damaging your bore lock not the other way around
    I'm fine with that thanks

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018

Update, called the manufacturer it seems that this one is defective they're sending me a new one.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The only problem with moving out of state, we're giving up ground. Then we'll eventually all be surrounded. We have to stay and fight!! Lol

Even if you move, you can still help fight, by sending emails, supporting MSI, etc... I am continuing to do that, like I have since 2010.

First thing I'm doing as soon as I get some free time outside of work and I remember, is to join WVCDL.

http://www.wvcdl.org/accomplishments.php

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I’m just giving you all the options. That’s them. You could try to get the laws changed and people are doing that by supporting various organizations, lawsuits, and protesting however none of those are fast. Democrats control Maryland and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

As soon as I have the money I’m leaving for somewhere free where there isn’t a handgun roster, banned rifles, an HQL, or a ridiculous 29” OAL requirement for a SBR.

I hear WV is nice. :D

I hear all those states are also changing slowly

WV is changing, yes. But WV is changing in a way that goes against MD.

WVCDL is leading the fight, and succeeding!!!

http://www.wvcdl.org/

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I hear WV is nice. :D

Yeah that’s looking like an option, though moving further inward to some place like Kentucky or Tennessee is also appealing. Not sure what their gun laws are but I never recall hearing either of them pass laws like MD.

Guys...

https://www.diffen.com/difference/.380_ACP_vs_9mm

380 ACP is essentially a 9mm Short (9mm Kurz). It is 9mm, but the case is shorter.

That was just me not knowing anything about 380 and basing my response on the fact that Omega has locks in both calibers. Learned something new though so that’s a positive. There’s probably a gun store somewhere who would be anal about it and refuse to release a 9mm with a 380 lock, but most probably don’t even check anything except that you have a lock with you.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yeah that’s looking like an option, though moving further inward to some place like Kentucky or Tennessee is also appealing. Not sure what their gun laws are but I never recall hearing either of them pass laws like MD.

That was just me not knowing anything about 380 and basing my response on the fact that Omega has locks in both calibers. Learned something new though so that’s a positive. There’s probably a gun store somewhere who would be anal about it and refuse to release a 9mm with a 380 lock, but most probably don’t even check anything except that you have a lock with you.

Lets just put it this way, look at the firearm laws in the states you are considering and go with one that is most in line with what you want.

As for the bore locks, I've never been required to leave the shop with it installed. It just had to have one, when I picked it up.

Going to pick up a pistol next weekend, god willing, and do the C&C thing. Without using a bore lock.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The statute makes no mention that it has to be INSTALLED. On that the handgun HAVE the lock when it is transferred.

A small but important difference as noted.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Legislative intent could be scrutinized but as usual the statute is poorly written.

Welcome to MD

My read of "legislative intent" is that no handguns except a few revolvers have an "integrated" safety device as actually intended. The concept of the bore lock was authorized (by the roster board, about a year after the law in 03?) because police could not buy their Berettas, as they did not have an "integrated" device. So the board graciously allowed bore locks to pass muster, otherwise it would be a complete ban on new guns except for Smith and Wesson and Taurus revolvers which had the Hillary hole. Thats my recollection anyway.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    My read of "legislative intent" is that no handguns except a few revolvers have an "integrated" safety device as actually intended. The concept of the bore lock was authorized (by the roster board, about a year after the law in 03?) because police could not buy their Berettas, as they did not have an "integrated" device. So the board graciously allowed bore locks to pass muster, otherwise it would be a complete ban on new guns except for Smith and Wesson and Taurus revolvers which had the Hillary hole. Thats my recollection anyway.

Yep. I bought my Springfield 1911-A1 Just a week before BHO was inaugurated with "integrated" safety device. Still have it with a few modifications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom