• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    The guard at the front desk just asked me to press "send" as if I was placing a call. Let me take my phone in, turned on.

That was nice of him/her...won't happen at the York County court house. You'll be walking back to your car. I did twice, once when my wife got her permit a year or so ago and this past December when i got mine. Also there is a sign posted at the front door before you walk in. No peasants allowed cell phones/recording devices inside the building.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Adams County Sheriff told me that once a permit is issued it is good till it expires.
    That is even if a Maryland renewal occurs or a Denial of a Maryland renewal takes place. No need to get them a copy of a RENEWED MD Permit during the valid period of the PA permit. Copy only needed for a renewal of a PA permit per the APPLICATION FOR A PENNSYLVANIA LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARMS..
    This applies to ADAMS county. Other Sheriff Depts. may be different however I don't think the requirement is in PA Law Maybe they make things up like our own MSP.

Kair350

"Send Me"
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2016
    Harford County MD
    Lancaster County Sheriff

I got my PA permit in January this year. They never mentioned anything about the renewal of my MD permit nor did I sign anything saying I had to maintain the MD permit. Two observations on my 20 bucks and 20 minutes. The parking meter was almost as much as the permit and they were surprised I had a MD permit.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    That was nice of him/her...won't happen at the York County court house. You'll be walking back to your car. I did twice, once when my wife got her permit a year or so ago and this past December when i got mine. Also there is a sign posted at the front door before you walk in. No peasants allowed cell phones/recording devices inside the building.

I walked in to York county with a folding knife and the officers on guard duty nicely offered to hold it for me while i went back, rather than sending me walking all the way to my car. YMMV, but they were extremely cordial and accommodating in doing this, beyond what would be expected.

silentdynasty

Apr 7, 2017
    MoCo
    THier,

Must be scary but glad everything worked out for ya. Be safe in the mean time. Now I know it takes a quick 15 minutes to do it when I apply for mine.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    yup, takes 15 minutes at York county, have heard some hand the app in and get it done in one shot, but I always download it online and mail it in, then get the call 2 or 3 days later to come get it. Odd thing is, they are required to provide lockers up front, so you can check your CCW peice with the officers when entering, but have to walk a tiny keychain knife all the way back to your car.

At Adams, the guy screening at door kept mine until I left. The smallest Swiss pocket knife they sell. Tiny blade, scissors and nail file. :sad20:

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    when i picked up my PA permit last year in York, the gentleman actually apologized for the 5 minute delay. when he turned the copier on, it had to warm up, hence the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom