• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I have several hundred (500 plus) thru a glock 19 and M&P 9c no case issues. If you read thru the thread highlighted above you will see he built his 1911 9mm over the course of a few years with no gunsmith services. I think it is a gun problem!

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Right now, at Columbia and Ellicot City, the Perfecta is $10.97/box and the ZQI is $12.xx.

When the Perfecta runs out, may be a switch to the ZQI is in order... However, the BrassMaxx (which I've used before) is only $23.xx / 100ct and the WWB / 100ct is $26.xxx. so not much difference price-wise.

However, I'm nervous about the ZQI after this report:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=159818

Combloc, have you noticed any issues with the ZQI w/ respect to bulging cases?

I sent back the remainder of that box of 9mm. As indicated later in that thread, they sent me a replacement box. I shot that box in the original barrel I fit to that pistol. No bulged cases. So that was a hot box of ammo. I have rebarreled the pistol and I have since bought several of those boxes of ammo and none have been overpressure. Strange, too, same lot.

The 9mm groups well in this 9mm 1911. The SS109 also shoots better than the 855 LC/Federal I have shot. I understand 855 and SS109 accuracy varies lot to lot since it is a heterogeneously constructed bullet. YMMV.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have several hundred (500 plus) thru a glock 19 and M&P 9c no case issues. If you read thru the thread highlighted above you will see he built his 1911 9mm over the course of a few years with no gunsmith services. I think it is a gun problem!

Reading comprehension problems also on the tread. See previous post and earlier posts in the thread. I'll be sure to get those gunsmith services so some of us feel better.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Columbia and Ellicot City have tons of ZQI 9mm - no one wants it... :lol2:

We've all been waiting for the $6.94 rollback to roll down the road to us. :envy:

The ZQI 9mm in all the WMs around here is $6.94. The 5.56 is $9.99. I have shot plenty of both. No issues whatsoever. I'm glad nobody wants it.....more for me. Just leave it, I'll take care of it for ya.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The ZQI 9mm in all the WMs around here is $6.94. The 5.56 is $9.99. I have shot plenty of both. No issues whatsoever. I'm glad nobody wants it.....more for me. Just leave it, I'll take care of it for ya.

Grumble, grumble - I'd eat the savings driving down there. Us "rich" Howard Countians have to pay normal rollback prices...

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Yeah, that kinda surprised me.
    The 9mm and 5.56 ZQI are by no means match grade, but both have been decently accurate for me in Glock and AR.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I just picked up 100 7.62 Nato for 50c a pop. Cheapest I reckon I'll find it before going to steel case.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Better than a sharp stick in the eye...well, maybe not.

I've never shot any because I've heard of too many problems with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom