• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    So what does a status of "Second review" actually mean?

It probably means, the review of your application is complete and you will be Not Disapproved, however we aren't going to tell you that until the morning of the 8th day at 6 am

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Page 66 of User Guide

SCHEDULING WEAPON TRANSFER

In a Secondary Sale, the Buyer and Seller must have at least the basic contact information for each other in order to arrange for weapon transfer if and when both these criteria have been met:

A. the 7 Day waiting period has elapsed, and,

B. the applicant has received a Not Disapproved disposition on their application.

Does this mean that there is no more 8th day release if the MSP get behind again?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Page 66 of User Guide

SCHEDULING WEAPON TRANSFER

In a Secondary Sale, the Buyer and Seller must have at least the basic contact information for each other in order to arrange for weapon transfer if and when both these criteria have been met:

A. the 7 Day waiting period has elapsed, and,

B. the applicant has received a Not Disapproved disposition on their application.

Does this mean that there is no more 8th day release if the MSP get behind again?

Found this in my files - Not sure if it is still valid. If so, I wonder if the system would allow a seller to enter a transfer date prior to the Not Disapproved date?

Attachments

• Eight Day Release - Advisory LD_FRS_13-001.pdf
      150.7 KB · Views: 107

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Legally it shouldn't, because the law hasn't changed. The MSP still only has the 7 days to disapprove you. If they don't do it in that time, the transfer can proceed.

How this system handles that I guess we'll have to see.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Legally it shouldn't, because the law hasn't changed. The MSP still only has the 7 days to disapprove you. If they don't do it in that time, the transfer can proceed.

How this system handles that I guess we'll have to see.

I am with you on that, however the user guide specifies and in fact underlines the fact that both the waiting period and the Not Disapproved stipulations must be met.

If I were a seller and after reading that, I think I would take issue with releasing without the Not Disapproved.

MosheDayan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 9, 2017
    ERoC (East of Rock Creek)
    You guys are spot on again . Got the Not Disapproved email at exactly 6 am this morning. Any by the way, I went in to print the application at about 5:30 and the status had NOT been changed to Not Disapproved yet.

And you waited six whole minutes to post here? :D

One thing I noticed when I was eagerly awaiting: the night before disapproval, when I clicked on "print application" it had the NICS date and search number listed at the top of the first page.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    well I had my 1st experience with the online 77R. Seems to have gone OK but will reserve judgement until transaction is complete later this week.

Dealer walked me thru the process using their tablet, for that I am thankful.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    well I had my 1st experience with the online 77R. Seems to have gone OK but will reserve judgement until transaction is complete later this week.

Dealer walked me thru the process using their tablet, for that I am thankful.

not disapproved email this morning... seems like this new process is working well, at least for this transaction... is there is an option for someone that does not have the internet ? I know it's crazy but I actually know some people that don't own a computer.

p.s. - I love new gun days.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    many FFL's will allow the use of their computers.

Public libraries also have computers.

my in-laws for example do not own a computer nor do they have email accounts... now granted, they are not out buying handguns so this does not affect them, but I had to wonder if someone else was in that situation what would they do (if anyone else in the whole state is in that situation, I dunno). I guess they would be forced to go to the library and open a gmail account.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm not defending MSP's requirement for an email account and Internet access but...

1. Go to library or FFL
    2. Create free Gmail account
    3. Log onto MSP 77r e-portal from above computers and create an account.

not simple but doable if desired.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm not defending MSP's requirement for an email account and Internet access but...

1. Go to library or FFL
    2. Create free Gmail account
    3. Log onto MSP 77r e-portal from above computers and create an account.

not simple but doable if desired.

I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, gun shops will have a computer for you to use. At the very least a tablet. This shouldn't be a problem in today's technological age. Some one will be able to help them.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I filled one out this morning. If the app number is sequential, there give been over 18,400 apps filled out so far.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    especially if it facilitates a sale of a firearm from the FFL.

FFL or not, the person without the computer still needed computer access to get their HQL, didn't they?

I got a Not Disapproved email this morning from MSP as a private "secondary" seller....it says go to "link" to proceed/complete transfer, but original 77R filing was last Saturday, which by my math makes this the 7th day, not 8th?

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    FFL or not, the person without the computer still needed computer access to get their HQL, didn't they?

nope. my son just got his at Worth a Shot. They handled everything from their computer.

Nice that they would offer/do that, especially the separate MSP application part too.
    But...
    Wouldn't that be computer access? :innocent0

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    was your point no computer or computer access?

he has no computer at home.

they gave him access. so people without computers can get ACCESS too

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom