• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DE21740

Dec 2, 2016
    all kinds of jobs up on www.usajobs.gov for border patrol. if you are single and wouldn't mind spending a few years in the virgin islands, etc lol... here ya go

MARINE INTERDICTION AGENT
    Save Job | More Like This
    ...application.;You will serve as a CBP Marine Interdiction Agent performing...enforcement operations utilizing CBP marine assets. Conducting maritime patrols... cbp.gov/careers/join- cbp/which- cbp-career/air-and- marine/ marine-interdiction-agent

Salary: $51,424.00 - $66,356.00 / Per Year
    Series & Grade: GL-1801-09/09
    Location(s): Multiple Locations (4)
    Fajardo, Puerto Rico
    Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
    Ponce, Puerto Rico
    Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands
    Open Period: 1/16/2017 to 2/15/2017
    Announcement Number: 17-5 MIA 1896719

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Beats trudging through the bush in TX looking for border crossers. If CBP is something you want to do as a career, this is as good a job as any.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    OMG my dream job. However I wonder if they would consider a 57yo over weight a risk for this job. On the other hand I can shoot damn good so no need to run to tackle a perp just shoot em dead and walk to the corps :D

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    How about a Border Patrol Air Interdiction Agent? Got a commerical/ATP license, Class I or II medical, 1500 hrs with 100 hrs in last 12 months, instrument qualified. $60-75K for openers, goes to 107K. AZ, North Dakota, Texas or Puerto Rico.

skunkworks

Sep 27, 2014
    I had put an application in when this was posted to usabjobs. Still haven't heard a thing. A lot of the other positions of similar duties have moved from "anyone" may to apply, to "current federal LE" may apply. It's still a rough go for anyone not already in the system.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I had put an application in when this was posted to usabjobs. Still haven't heard a thing.

Dont give up quite yet. I applied for a federal job, put in all my paperwork. Didn't hear a thing for 6 months, never interviewed, no follow-up. Then out of the blue I get an email from the air-force personnel command with a pdf attachment containing the formal offer. But then it was rush-rush and I had to accept within 48hrs. Really bizarre.

skunkworks

Sep 27, 2014
    Dont give up quite yet. I applied for a federal job, put in all my paperwork. Didn't hear a thing for 6 months, never interviewed, no follow-up. Then out of the blue I get an email from the air-force personnel command with a pdf attachment containing the formal offer. But then it was rush-rush and I had to accept within 48hrs. Really bizarre.

I believe it. The Gov't can do some strange things. I had applied for two FEMA positions at one point, received an email months later saying thanks but no thanks. A month after that, received another email saying I was still in the running. Haven't heard back since. Won't stop me from sending out more apps, though!

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010

Sounds about right. They put off things until one day someone sees the funding will disappear unless they hire by X date and then it's a sprint to beat the deadline. They don't seem to like planning things in advance, just put out the fires and let things develop into emergencies.

Being stationed in Puerto Rico is like being on a government paid vacation, right? ;)

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    A lot of people saying it is one of the most difficult hiring process, that the polygraph is more of an interrogation and an extremely high failure rate (for no supposed reason)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom