• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And I bet Gov Larry Hogan(D) is all too willing to sign it into law.

You know what, instead of venting on the Governor (not covering for him) how about you and everyone start working now to make sure it doesn't make it to his desk?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Whenever a politician says "We have to do something," that's an admission that they really have no idea what to do.

It inevitably causes new problems without addressing the target of their emotion-driven action.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    I guess all of us can threaten to not vote for the Democrats we weren't going to vote for anyway. The only real way to get the General Assembly to respect our gun rights is through the courts. These anti-2a politicians know their stance is very welcome amongst their supporters in places like MoCo, PG, Baltimore.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I don't get it. The article says they already check federal databases that would flag someone on the watch list.

So what would this bill do different?

More useless feel good legislation.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I guess all of us can threaten to not vote for the Democrats we weren't going to vote for anyway. The only real way to get the General Assembly to respect our gun rights is through the courts. These anti-2a politicians know their stance is very welcome amongst their supporters in places like MoCo, PG, Baltimore.

Then lets go to MoCo, PG and Baltimore and fvck up their power base through education. I'll be willing to driv/pay for gas plus if we take my car we'll have at least 1 AR ready to go in case we need defensive measures.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So, according to Shipley ... MSP already checks via back channels ... if so, why do we need a new law?

EDIT: dang, 66 seconds too slow ... what he said

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    It might lose its head of steam by next spring. If not, better get used to sharing the plaintiff's desk with the ACLU. Strange bedfellows.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Due process be damned!

Different level of gov, but it's the same attitude -

Sen Joe Manchin:

The problem that we have, and really the firewall that we have right now, is due process

Due process is "the problem."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...anchin-lets-mask-slip-due-process-killing-us/

Whenever a politician says "We have to do something," that's an admission that they really have no idea what to do.

It inevitably causes new problems without addressing the target of their emotion-driven action.

They know what to do. They just don't care about anything other than their desire to control. They KNOW no real law would have stopped this guy or any other dirtbag. Sure, it might have stopped him from buying firearms legally, but that would not have stopped him in his tracks. I offer as evidence TWO separate FBI "interviews" that were the results of warnings from people who knew him and a THIRD IGNORED WARNING from the first gun shop this guy tried to buy from.

EDIT: From what I heard, the first gun shop owner didn't have any contact information, so the FBI had no real info to go on. I missed that part.

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I commented ...

Please watch this virtual debate between Congressman Chris Van Hollen and NRA-ILA Rep. Shannon Alford which was published during the Maryland 2016 Legislative session.

Hopefully some will view and get educated ... maybe even Erin Cox. :rolleyes:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Any bill that does not correct the Due Process flaw (confront your accuser) will likely suffer the same fate as this past year when criticism and ridicule of DemocrRats as being UNAMERICAN on this issue had its effect.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Any bill that does not correct the Due Process flaw (confront your accuser) will likely suffer the same fate as this past year when criticism and ridicule of DemocrRats as being UNAMERICAN on this issue had its effect.

Would not be the first time M&M got a law passed in MD that was declared unconstitutional by the courts within a couple months.

Don't put it passed them

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Please watch this virtual debate between Congressman Chris Van Hollen and NRA-ILA Rep. Shannon Alford which was published during the Maryland 2016 Legislative session.

Hopefully some will view and get educated ... maybe even Erin Cox. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: Clearly members of legislative branch in MD don't care about protected constitutional rights. :envy:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Then lets go to MoCo, PG and Baltimore and fvck up their power base through education. I'll be willing to driv/pay for gas plus if we take my car we'll have at least 1 AR ready to go in case we need defensive measures.

:thumbsup:

And for all the new folks that are all full of p1ss and vinegar, take a few seconds to look through the Maryland 2A Issues Forum to see how the adults in the room did it earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom