• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yup, and is the stick we can beat them with in the judicial system if we do it right.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have opened carry a handgun on my 2 acre commercial property 2 AA county cops had no problem with it , 1 Cop was beside himself with it read me the riot act . I told him he was wrong and I would call his commanding officer if he gave me anymore hard time about .

Approx. an hour later he said he was sorry to me and thanked me for doing the training . If he could have taken me away he would have that day , but once I stood my ground he backed off .

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    I have opened carry a handgun on my 2 acre commercial property 2 AA county cops had no problem with it , 1 Cop was beside himself with it read me the riot act . I told him he was wrong and I would call his commanding officer if he gave me anymore hard time about .

Approx. an hour later he said he was sorry to me and thanked me for doing the training . If he could have taken me away he would have that day , but once I stood my ground he backed off .

Did the officers express how did they feel about the ideal of OC?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Did the officers express how did they feel about the ideal of OC?

Two of the officers said nothing good or bad , kinda like they never seen it .

The last event (a fence jumper/trespassers) the BG was coming in my direction trying to approach me and I told the guy to stop and not come any closer .
    So when I raised my hoodie and exposed my gun the guy stopped in his tracks . Then the COP drove up next to me and told me to "put it away" I told the officer it was not out then he said cover it up .

He read me the riot act , it took them 20 minutes to get there and he gets out and was not even worried about the BG's just me .

I showed him my permit even tho. I did not have to . I wanted him to relax and get off my case .
    It took him 15 minutes of him mouthing off when I finally told him I would file a complaint on him . That's when he backed off .

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    That father and son proved it was a bad idea to open carry a rifle in Baltimore a month or two ago.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Didn't a State Representative stage an open carry and video tape it back in 2013? IIRC

Mike Smigiel

That was totally staged as an "informational" presentation in Wicomico county that included Sheriff Mike Lewis.

Sheriff Lewis was in on the scenario and agreed to "arrive at the scene" of Mike Smiegel's temporary detention for open-carrying a rifle. Lewis and Smigiel then engaged in a give-and -ake on the subject of Maryland's Open Carry provision.

It was not real life, but a demo/education project. It was a chance to review how Long Gun Open Carry was a legal right--but, weirdly, a right that no one has dared exercise because cultural pressure since the 70's had made LGOC verboten.

After decades out of view, the sight of a Marylander strolling with a rifle would likely trigger a "disorderly conduct" charge, or even "engaging in conduct to the terror of the public".

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    For those who would like to get caught up with the back-and-forth that has already occurred about Long Gun Open Carry on this forum, here are two threads that I started more than two years ago to sample the appetite for an organized LGOC project. These threads have been undisturbed in the MDS vault for two years now, so here you go.

First up: "Open Carry Meeting! Long Gun"

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=148355&highlight=LGOC

Connected to this was my contention that we were also not exercising our "Open Carry Handgun" rights on private property and that this practice had disappeared, too.

So, here is the thread called "Take Your Gun To Work Day"

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=148735&highlight=LGOC

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    One researched blueprint is in my "Open Carry Meeting" thread above.

We set the project aside so as not to sabotage the chances of this new Republican candidate, Lawrence J Hogan, who seemed to have real shot at the Governorship.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    One researched blueprint is in my "Open Carry Meeting" thread above.

We set the project aside so as not to sabotage the chances of this new Republican candidate, Lawrence J Hogan, who seemed to have real shot at the Governorship.

...And now seems to have peed in the cornflakes of the 2A Constituency.

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    For those who would like to get caught up with the back-and-forth that has already occurred about Long Gun Open Carry on this forum, here are two threads that I started more than two years ago to sample the appetite for an organized LGOC project. These threads have been undisturbed in the MDS vault for two years now, so here you go.

First up: "Open Carry Meeting! Long Gun"

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=148355&highlight=LGOC

Connected to this was my contention that we were also not exercising our "Open Carry Handgun" rights on private property and that this practice had disappeared, too.

So, here is the thread called "Take Your Gun To Work Day"

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=148735&highlight=LGOC

Some how I cannot access this link (permission issue). Is there something else I need to do?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So how I cannot access this link (permission issue). Is there something else I need to do?

You need 50 post to see water cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom