• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Right, "we are close."

Just say the numbers if you know, or is it a multiple iterated rumor you are furthering?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Or maybe it's because the treasurer is a volunteer that works two jobs while putting his kids and wife through school

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Easy big guy, I think everybody knows that you are all volunteers. Funding the HQL lawsuit will take some big $$ and MSI should have a figure that they think will do it, all we're asking for is ballpark numbers.

If they think it will cost 100K, as an example, how close are you to achieving that goal? I would think that a with priority such as this that someone from the organization would be able to spout the figures out pretty quickly.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    For the HQL lawsuit fund approximately $16K. If we also add in the SB281 donations then we have approximately $30K, but, the FSA funds get used to continue to fight and educate on, the FSA. So that is not a hard number to use.

The "almost there" takes into account both accounts and an offer from an attorney to take the lawsuit for $50K, but he has not committed, so the number still stands at $100K to get it started, with a deadline of Sep 30, 2016.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    My WV math comes out to 16% of the way there. That is taking away all the ifs and buts, which typically never get past that stage. If you pull in ~ $3650 a week until the deadline, you'll make it.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Please.. this is year 2016. Is he up at night with a visor and green lamp adding numbers pulling a crank on an adding machine? You know how much you have.

I take it MSI is a non profit of the type that isn't required to disclose financials. Moms demand action will send financial statements. It's amazing at all the Sh*t thrown at the HPRB on procedure to the letter, (which changes final decisions not) while some of the same people (not you MX) make every excuse for MSI filing discrepancies. MSI and members can run the thing anyway they like from my point of view, it's not a tax and voluntary. Thing that hits a nerve, is answers like above. Someone already stated "we are close" , so dispense with the we don't know or too busy.
    As the treasurer, I am extremely particular to the numbers I post. I could put out a rough estimate, but I don't operate that way. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your timeliness.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    As the treasurer, I am extremely particular to the numbers I post. I could put out a rough estimate, but I don't operate that way. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your timeliness.

I've never seen any number on paper, since being flamed for asking over a year ago. Dan's estimate is fine. I'm not familiar with the reporting requirements on MSI's flavor of 501, but will assume public disclosure is not required since never offered.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I've never seen any number on paper, since being flamed for asking over a year ago. Dan's estimate is fine. I'm not familiar with the reporting requirements on MSI's flavor of 501, but will assume public disclosure is not required since never offered.

Well, folks don't have to contribute to the MSI effort. They can start their own fund and bring their own suit challenging the HQL. Or fund it themselves. But it is hard to muster much respect for those who simply want to sit on the sidelines. As the Rafiki said to Simba: It is time.

Attachments

• peter-pawlak-quote-this-year-is-a-put-up-or-shut-up-year.jpg
      peter-pawlak-quote-this-year-is-a-put-up-or-shut-up-year.jpg
      43.5 KB · Views: 294
    Last edited:

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    MDShooters has 21,000 members. I'm shocked we can't raise enough funds to move forward with this lawsuit.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Bump...

Please read the OP if you're just seeing this, or have forgotten.

Travel rewards... Hotel gift cards... Gas points... Credit card benefits...

All I ask is half of what you weren't counting on in the first place.

You still have the outdoor world gift cards??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom