Need help finding gun rack/display case to build to possibly sell/market.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Asking for help. Please post a pic or link to what you may like, have or would prefer if you needed one. I am finding there are so many options being long gun or pistol, I just don't know what may be popular. If I can get this going I'll be sure to karma some off. Probably will do a karma using this thread for those who have good ideas.
    I'm thinking pistol desk display box and a wall hung for long guns but please do not limit your ideas. I would also love to come up with something to market to gun show vendors. I prefer wood but can work with most materials.
    What is popular? Thanks!

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

Not looking for karma. Dunno if the idea's patented. The original vendor doesn't make this anymore. Maybe a gun mantle piece, similar concept.

Make it so that it fits an AR.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I hate that the old gun cabinets of old are gone due to PC issues (which you can't fix) or security concerns. I think doing the classic gun cabinets in a security style may be a good option. No, it's not a safe. However, if done right I think it could be very effective.

A huge cable running through the cabinet and trigger guards which is bolted to the wall will keep things in place.

Yes, will be a trade off for for resistance but life is a trade off.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Looking for someone here to give you the next big idea?

The next best thing is the tough part. Making it is easy.. once ya know it.

I should have made beanie babies... I'd be looooaded.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I hate that the old gun cabinets of old are gone due to PC issues (which you can't fix) or security concerns. I think doing the classic gun cabinets in a security style may be a good option. No, it's not a safe. However, if done right I think it could be very effective.

A huge cable running through the cabinet and trigger guards which is bolted to the wall will keep things in place.

Yes, will be a trade off for for resistance but life is a trade off.
    I feel your pain, Love the old school style and am thinking about it for myself.

Looking for someone here to give you the next big idea?

The next best thing is the tough part. Making it is easy.. once ya know it.

I should have made beanie babies... I'd be looooaded.
    Not really, just don't want to make a dozen dust collectors .... but if you have some thoughts :)

This type of rack would probably be good for gun show vendors. https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=227509
    Yes, I wanted to build that style but more related to AR/tactical style like lay it up with a carbon fiber epoxy finish .... back burner.

I do want to do these, thanks.
    Hopefully we will meet up some day, Not sure I should say this here but I have never shot a Mosin :o most of my friends say dust comes out the barrel instead of smoke :)

Thanks all, keep 'em coming.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Not looking for karma. Dunno if the idea's patented. The original vendor doesn't make this anymore. Maybe a gun mantle piece, similar concept.

Make it so that it fits an AR.

I may reach out to the bed guy to see what hes doing, or get his hardware info :innocent0

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Have something like this at the undisclosed location. No security, but it's empty when I'm not there. Didn't make it - bought it, forget where.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
      rack.jpg
      14.1 KB · Views: 199

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I may reach out to the bed guy to see what hes doing, or get his hardware info :innocent0

I would buy one of those (if they were still made) except that I eventually want to buy a bed that inclines. So, I'm thinking a small 3-4 shelf bookcase with a concealed space behind it to hold a long gun upright. It would look like a regular bookcase from the front when books were in it so you couldn't readily tell the difference in depth.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Would love to have the traditional gun cabinet, but the glass for the doors and sides would be bullet resistant acrylic to prevent smash and grabs.

Kind of a step up from installing safety film on the inside of a regular glass case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom