• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j26sub

May 8, 2018
    What are the chances that G&S will make it to the SC and be deemed unconstitutional? I want to take a wear and carry class early, just in case. I want to beat the crowds if the SC forces this communist state to allow us to exercise our God-given right!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Alas, things don’t move that quickly. I think you’ll have plenty of warning (months and months at least) if there’s even a chance of something impacting this silly state’s nonsense carry laws making its way up that long food chain.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Even if SCOTUS were to rule in the favor of Citizen's Rights, MGA would try anything they could to restrict the Right to Bear Arms. Chris

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Another case was filed against our laws by the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association and an individual plaintiff back in April. Lots of procedural stuff in the courts to go thru, but there is a case and they want it to move to SCOTUS fast.

There are other similar cases in the courts right now. It’s only a matter of time before the question of may issue type schemes are before the justices again.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    100% chance it will make it to the Supreme Court and shall issue will be the rule.

However, dont hold your breath. Things move very slowly through the courts. Very little chance we see a case before this term is up. There is a wee chance the 4th circuit takes a case en banc and reverses itself. Buts its very very wee.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Take the class and get started JustinTeacher. The process is long enough.

Iirc, you are in the western territories. Boston Hill training advertised a session. I think 1st weekend of november

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    You are putting the gun before the holster , this will not happen over-night . Maybe if we bum rush the Capital and SCOTUS and beat on the locked doors then they will listen..

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Even if SCOTUS were to rule in the favor of Citizen's Rights, MGA would try anything they could to restrict the Right to Bear Arms. Chris

That is my big fear. They have all ready eliminated carry in state parks and the city of Baltimore doesn’t allow carry in city parks (Including the inner harbor) and have BS laws about carrying around churches. I could see the state of MD doing something similar to DC and making carrying a firearm so inconvienient and risky that it won’t be worth it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IMO, it is not true that DC has so many restrictions it makes carry useless. Other than the federal bldgs and mall, carry is no more restrictive than most states. You can carry in restaurants and in many public places unless posted.

There was an incorrectly quoted law in a news article by John Lott that showed the impossibility of legal carry. It was proven to be a misinterpretation of a statute that had enhanced penalties for felons, etc.

That doesn't mean MD won't try. I agree with that.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    How are we so sure the SCOTUS will take a 2A carry case? We couldn't muster the 4(?) votes needed for cert previously.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That is my big fear. They have all ready eliminated carry in state parks and the city of Baltimore doesn’t allow carry in city parks (Including the inner harbor) and have BS laws about carrying around churches. I could see the state of MD doing something similar to DC and making carrying a firearm so inconvienient and risky that it won’t be worth it.

First I've ever heard of this, have a cite?

IMO, it is not true that DC has so many restrictions it makes carry useless. Other than the federal bldgs and mall, carry is no more restrictive than most states. You can carry in restaurants and in many public places unless posted.

There was an incorrectly quoted law in a news article by John Lott that showed the impossibility of legal carry. It was proven to be a misinterpretation of a statute that had enhanced penalties for felons, etc.

That doesn't mean MD won't try. I agree with that.

THIS ^^^^^^^ I am in DC almost on a daily basis and carry all the time with zero issues.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    It's more likely now than ever, but I don't think it is a given. At all. Just because five justices agreed that you can't have a complete ban of handguns doesn't mean that they believe you can carry them in public.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It's not about getting four votes for cert. It's about granting cert knowing you have FIVE votes to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom