• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    hey,

I know a while back a there were a couple members that had received permits for being part of the OPM breach, had TS/SCI, and worked in the Intelligence Community, and all of a sudden it appeared that the MSP began rejecting that criteria.

My question is does any body know what is currently going on with getting approval based upon OPM breach, clearance and work for the IC

I have been trying to keep up with the threads on the review board but didn't see anything indicating one way or another.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    How could you grant it for one party and deny it for another?

If someone denied got killed it sounds like a great lawsuit.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Data Breaches have a shelf life too. If you've gone this long without meeting an Al Queda hit squad, well you know .....

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    I"m sure they don't care. its not like the have a ridged set of criteria that they go by when say yay or nay. it makes sense to me that after they saw a couple get through, somebody figured that these guys are getting over on us and don't "need" a permit. I'm sure they get off on it.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    MSP evidently decided that having a TS/SCI clearance does not indicate that you have a greater risk. If course, the Govt. is not going to identify your actual duties to make this determination. So, once again MSP makes thier own rules to deny,deny,deny........

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    MSP evidently decided that having a TS/SCI clearance does not indicate that you have a greater risk. If course, the Govt. is not going to identify your actual duties to make this determination. So, once again MSP makes thier own rules to deny,deny,deny........

The problems that I've encountered with those having TS/SCI clearances is that the agency they work for/with won't verify to the MSP investigator that the applicant works at said agency.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    The problems that I've encountered with those having TS/SCI clearances is that the agency they work for/with won't verify to the MSP investigator that the applicant works at said agency.
    The one I work at will verify you work there. Ask doing what, and you'll be thought of as a terrorist......Snowden still hurts.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    MSP evidently decided that having a TS/SCI clearance does not indicate that you have a greater risk.

Interesting since people working in sensitive areas in other countries are told not to have identifying decals on their vehicles, etc.

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014

lol, its really not that hard to look something up in scattered castles or jpas.

I am sure they have a liaison with some federal agency/TF that can do that.

its not hard if they had any desire to do accommodate the DoD/IC

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    lol, its really not that hard to look something up in scattered castles or jpas.

I am sure they have a liaison with some federal agency/TF that can do that.

its not hard if they had any desire to do accommodate the DoD/IC

It would also take about 5 strokes of a keyboard to figure out if I still owned a business in this state but I still have to provide copies of my Articles of Incorporation, Sales & Use Tax License, etc... with permit renewals.

Got to remember that these investigators are investigating instead of fighting crime for a reason.....:innocent0

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The entire permitting process in MD, including HPRB decisions is applied arbitrarily and without any level of uniformity.

It's Maryland

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    the agency should not have to provide shit. a 300lb female bridge cop in cecil county. no question asked, spend most of your adult life in the DoD/IC, well sorry.

I agree with you but I'm just telling you how the game is played, it isn't my game. All the agency rep has to do is confirm employment, they don't have to tell the investigator that the applicant is "our man in Moscow" or give other details.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That was only 10% humor. I don't have any special insight exactly how long, but the LD mindset and culture is that everything has a shelf life, unless fresh recent attacks occur.

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    don't disagree at all. with that being said, maybe, things will go well with the nation legislation and one can simply go to York or hand them 30 bucks and be on done with it

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    How could you grant it for one party and deny it for another?

If someone denied got killed it sounds like a great lawsuit.

MSP LD logic: "But if you're dead you no longer have a need to carry, so no permit needed."

See how well that works? Sort of a self-licking ice cream cone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom