• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    Eh, they are also one of the few big corporations that pay a decent wage to their employees ($17/hour), and provide medical benefits, and the CEO/ co-founder Craig Jelinek insists on only accepting $550k a year in income. He has often refused to do many things that would have added to both the company's bottom line, and his own. He has the attitude that his employees and their quality of life are as important as quarterly profits. As long the company is profitable, and he makes a good income; there is no reason to screw people over to try and maximize his and the company's bottom line.
    So, sorry, that trumps the company's anti-2a stance in my book. If every company operated this way (instead of only a handful), I might actually buy into the, Free-Market ramblings I often hear from libertarians.

You are right. I have read alot about Costco and how they work and like you said if every corp. used there business model they would be very successful. The 2A issue is tough but nothing is perfect.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    You are a man of principals I see. Sure you aren't anti 2nd Amendment. Between this thread and the DUI thread, it appears you are willing to financially support businesses that are anti 2nd Amendment and tighten gun control restrictions.

Two thumbs up as Roger Eibert would say.

Well smartness, if I were a man soley on principals I would STOP shopping at Costco. Everyone has a a way of life as to why they shop where they shop. Sure there are choices, Sams, BJ's...but this is purely a convenience factor. So call it what you will, I renew every year. Now I need me some Chic Fil A. Hooray for accurate observations...:rolleyes:

Care to shed light on the DUI thread? Not sure what exactly sure which cop bashing portion of that you are referring to.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Costco sometimes has a couple pallets full of ammo can sets (usually a lid-off-30-inside-a-50) at very aggressive prices. I always wonder if the average customer even knows what they're looking at when they see those while they head for the detergent aisle. Last time I went through their Sterling store, there were bunches of them, right next to the one-gun bedside safes, clearly labeled as such. But that's Virginia, where the Deplorable Quotient is at least slightly higher, sorta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom