• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Here in the wild west of MD, I'm partial to a 45 colt loaded with 23.0 grains of IMR-4227 and a 325 grain hard cast slammer. Out of a 5.5" Blackhawk, it produces 800 foot pounds of energy. A 325 grain at 1100 feet per second !!! . It will penetrate a truck door, black bear, old growth hemlock tree and stop on the far side of the outhouse. It's a hot load, not for everyone but works for my needs.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Even IF you were able to legally carry, who or more importantly..WHAT is going to protect you from 10-20 marauding YUTES??? NADA

You would need a SCUBA tank full of bear spray and even that might not work against sheer numbers.

And it's not JUST Ballmer $hitty. The cancer has spread to most of Merry-land.

But most definitely, IF I could carry I would carry a 9MM EMP (9+1 of Hornady Critical defense )
    And of course, stay the F out of that hell town.

Ugh - you're right.

One or two shots and they will run for the nearest vacant house. Where they will call the police and dead freddie's lawyer.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I didn't have a match to go to today, so I carried my SA XDM10 when I went to the bank and got some Chick Fil-a. I don't usually carry a full size double stack, and this reminds me of why I don't. It's really not comfortable, the gun isn't easy to get to when I'm driving, and the big magazines dug into my back.

When it comes down to it, I'll carry a small gun all of the time versus leaving the big gun at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom