• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Do men like these, or do they make you gag? Does it make a gun look too much like a toy? Are the colored guns hot sellers for women?

Should I consider getting in touch with some sexually repressed feelings for finding these interesting? Do I need deprogramming? I mean... this seems way worse than liking .40 cal.

Have you ever bought a gun with a funky coloring?

tiffany-blue-glock-43-eggshell-single-stack-pistol-with-silver-slide-9mm-price.jpg

TIffany-LCP-380.jpg

Tiffany-SW-MP-Shield.jpg

Tiffany-Kimber-Micro-Bel-Air-440x384.jpg

I have to admit, I think these Taurus Zombie revolvers look cool. Wouldn't buy one due to reports of them wearing out quickly. Sad. For some perverted reason, I like the color:

1d0064988a59d5eabf22e3423f0611b8.jpg

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    The brightly colored guns are definitely not my cup of tea. My wife wanted an LCR with the pink grips a couple years back, so I guess it appeals to some women, otherwise the companies wouldn't keep doing it.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    These bright colors are attractive nuisances for kids. Personalfeeling, but i don’t think deadly weapons should look pretty or toy-like.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    These bright colors are attractive nuisances for kids. Personalfeeling, but i don’t think deadly weapons should look pretty or toy-like.

Never really considered that. I guess it could be a lure but if we instruct our kids in proper firearms safety and respect and lock our stuff up then it should never be a problem.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul

I have wondered about that.

Pink and purple ones especially do look like toys. My kid would know, but the neighbors kids might not. That kind of thing.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

I agree with them not looking toy like. I remember a company awhile back advertised that they will make your gun whatever color combination you wanted, I called and asked if they would do a barrel in orange for me, they refused.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Agreed. They don't look real, and that's dangerous. My dad bought a polymer framed revolver that was white and came with black or pink grips. I think it's the Taurus model pictured in the OP. He put the pink ones on it, just for fun. I told him if he ever drew it on someone defensively, he'd have to shoot them just to prove it was real.

Also, that color just looks dumb.:tdown:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I agree with them not looking toy like. I remember a company awhile back advertised that they will make your gun whatever color combination you wanted, I called and asked if they would do a barrel in orange for me, they refused.

How about the same shade of blue as the training Blue Guns :eek: That sure would be a bad idea:sad20:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    LOL! My Daughter called me today to tell me that she found out that her baby, due in May, is a girl! I told her good now I can go out and get that pink 22! She said Dad, not all girls like pink, just get a normal one!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Criminals are already painting their guns to look like water pistols, or concealing real guns inside Nerf or Super Soaker models. Including orange barrels. So that cat's out of the bag.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    my wife loves her Tiffany blue Shield. It was a way to get her into guns. Of course, i had to buy her something from Tiffany's too...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Agree.

My wife's not big on firearms, but she really dislikes those pastel pistols and Hello Kitty ARs.

Still, no gangbanger wants to get shot with a sissy pistol, so that's a bit of extra deterrence there.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Kimber in The first post actually looks ok . The have the colors correct for 1950's retro . The others are too blue .

Nothing wrong with basic black , and FDE, etc is ugly . But in my early gun years , also appreciate old school nickel . Some day will do somthing in Blue Duracoat . Not as euphemism for black , but Blue, like Ford blue oval blue .

Some females are into pink at face value, some hate pink , and some see the humor and irony for occasional use .

And guns don't have to be ugly . Throughout the Revolver and 1911 era , plenty of serious lawmen, esp Texas Rangers used figured Walnut, Stag, Ivory , and engraved , and not just for ceremonial barbeques .

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Not my cup of tea but my wife has a muddy girl ar15 a pink glock and a blue 10/22. If it keeps her buying guns and training with them i dont care what they look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom