What should I know about living in NoVA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    The commute from Manassas to Dulles is at least an hour. It is not worth it.

Live in Dulles, Reston, Herndon or Stirling (south of Route 7). Rent four or more blocks away from the Town Center and rent drops to more reasonable rates.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Ya If it was me moving I would look at mabe living in the Massness and or Gainsville area of VA and commute to rt 28 which runs right beside KIAD. If you live inside the beltway you would also be paying tolls on I66 inside the beltway as well. FYI people who live in the Shenandoah Valley leave home between 3 and 3:30am to beat the traffic on I66 and or Rt 28, 15 and 211 coming up from Luray.In fact a lot of people who live in Luray commute to NoVA to work and it would not be unusual to see cars parked where side streets and rt 211 meet between Luray and Admissville.Just my .02 where to live in VA if I was working out by IAD.

There aren't tolls on I-66 (yet) just HOV.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    The commute from Manassas to Dulles is at least an hour. It is not worth it.

Live in Dulles, Reston, Herndon or Stirling (south of Route 7). Rent four or more blocks away from the Town Center and rent drops to more reasonable rates.

good advice above.

you don't want to live anywhere near 66. traffic just sucks big time.

we lived in reston for 10 years and really liked it. definitely way built up but still some nice quiet neighborhoods there and lots of walking trails, tennis courts, etc.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I agree with Motorcoachdoug who said earlier he would look at the Gainesville area, add Haymarket to the list too. Avoid Tysons/ Falls Church. $$$$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom