• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    I am starting to miss mine, but I would not buy another semi-auto .22 until I can buy them by the case for cheap and easily. .22 is more available now, but still not as easy when I first started shooting in 2012. I currently have a Ruger American Rimfire Compact threaded. That way I can shoot .22 without blowing through it too fast. I like have a bolt action .22 since all my other bolt guns are full power rifle cartridge Milsurps.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    I have owned several 10-22s over the years. They are great little rifles but in most cases I sold my older 10-22 to buy the next newer one. Just a matter of economics for me.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The 10/22 is no longer made in 22 wmr and those that were are not reliable; semi-auto magnum rimfires are difficult to make. There is a great American Rifleman article that explains it when they did an article on the Savage semi-auto 17 hmr. Different story for a bolt gun.

Takedown would be my next 10/22.

Huh, good to know. Maybe I'll just look at getting the American rimfire in 22wmr and look at getting another one in 22lr later. Even if plinking or teaching my son to use a bolt action, 22wmr isn't really THAT expensive and I've noticed in just the last month a number of stores are starting to carry it (BPS, DSG). I doubt I'll ever hoard 22wmr like I do 22lr, but I am sure at some point I'll keep a few hundred rounds tucked away.

Just picked up my first 10/22 this morning!!! Very excited and trying not to buy everything for it all at once.

For the American Rimfires, if I am lucky I'll have the finances and the ability to talk my wife in to letting me get one next year along with an SKS. I don't want to push my luck. I can always look at one in 22lr in a couple of years. That'll also give me a good idea if 22wmr being in stock is a passing thing, or if it is hear to stay. I want one in it, but I really don't need to pay a huge premium to buy it online only as well as having a hard time finding a variety (IE I might not be able to find what it likes to shoot easily). If 22wmr is more of a passing thing for availability, I'll get one in 22lr and worry about 22wmr some other time.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    21146.jpg

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I only use them for training, or for taking a novice to the range. I dont see any other useful purpose for them. As such, I have a TD and then a regular 10/22. I see no point to getting any more.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Did you purchase that one? If so where? I saw one like that this morning when I purchased tigers new takedown backpackers 22

That’s a beauty but I would just scuff it all up, lol

I saw it online for $329. Showed the wife and she actually said, get it an put it over the fireplace.. lol. I ended up buying lever rifle, that will just appear one day.. oh I've had this a while.. :D

Maybe $329 is fair, but I had seen OOS on sights at $279. It is probably limited.
    Right now available here, and I have bought from them without any incidents. I like the Tiger better than Gator, though the Gator is native..

21179_+a110-22-GATOR_GL_Sd_Rt+copy.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I only have two but have been thinking about doing a takedown in Magpul's really nice X22 Hunter stock

Very packable configuration, storage for mags and accessories. If I see one in OD at the right price I am probably hooked.

weaponsmart-6465.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Gotta love MDS every time you say you want something it magically appears!

Thanks may have to order one of those.

Did a little better. Optics planet with Black Friday Coupon got OD for $84 and change shipped. Now I just got to get a basic threaded 10/22 in stainless to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom