• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sorry to hear about the Broomhandle.

I should probably ask that you post that phone number, for the record and the common good.

mixman

2nd Amendment Supporter
    Sep 28, 2009
    Carroll County
    I promise I'm not lying here. Here's what I just went through:

Mailed Nov 19, 2009. Card charged Nov 23, 2009. License arrived Dec 8, 2009.

Is this a record?

skierd

Mar 31, 2008
    As you can see from my post count I mostly lurk on here but...

Sent in my application on the 1st of November, came back around Thanksgiving because I put an X next to the questions instead of my initials, and my license came today. Can't wait to invest my Christmas money and tax refund in old Russion guns to join my S+W. :thumbsup: I'll be sending in the form for MD too next week. Thanks for having so much info about C+R on this site, it helped me a lot.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Anyone know what if any difference there is between the C&R form listed on the apps section and the one listed in the forms section?

the apps one says limit two copies but the other doesnt, i usually order some and give them away to new members and other friends but i wanted to order more that two sets if i could. Anyone ever order more than two sets? and how?

Apps section says this..
    ATF F 7CR (5310.16) - Curios & Relics Collectors Application
    Limit 2 copies per order

Form section says this..

F 7CR (5310.16) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms

http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    ah the heck with it, i used the one that didnt say limit and put 8 in the Qty, guess ill see when they come, i have a few friends interested in the forms now and as i usually do ill give some away on here as newbies come aboard and need them.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    Anyone in Montgomery County MD had problems with the ATF civilian inspectors and the examination of the bound book?

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Hey Novus, thanks for the heads up. All links updated and verified. Everyone please let me know if one of the links goes bad and I will repair it.
    Thanks,
    Rob

00-Guy

Feb 15, 2008
    Have the rules changed?

So long story short. I let my C&R lapse. (Heh I was moving about 90 days after it expired and thought that I would renew it at the new address. Well, the move isn't happening now.) So I went to the ATF Form part of their site (not the form distribution center) and saw this notice:

Because of legal reasons, and the requirement of fingerprint cards and photographs, the Form 7CR cannot be posted on our site.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16-notice.html

Are you now required to be photgraphed and printed before you can get the C&R?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    So long story short. I let my C&R lapse. (Heh I was moving about 90 days after it expired and thought that I would renew it at the new address. Well, the move isn't happening now.) So I went to the ATF Form part of their site (not the form distribution center) and saw this notice:

Because of legal reasons, and the requirement of fingerprint cards and photographs, the Form 7CR cannot be posted on our site.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16-notice.html

Are you now required to be photgraphed and printed before you can get the C&R?
    What I think happened is that when the ATF changed their websight a month ago they screwed up and added a form response to all FFL download/application requests.
    In five years I have never seen the form 7CR posted online or downloadable online on the ATF websight. Besides they insist you use an original one of theirs anyway.
    If there was a change in their regulations requiring fingerprints and IDs for C&Rs now there would have been a public notice beforehand I thinki, and also I do think in the statutes (or was it the regs where I saw it?) it only requires other FFLs to get fingerprints and photo.

00-Guy

Feb 15, 2008
    NC,

Thanks for the response. It is OK. I made the request from the distribution center for a new form. We'll see what happens.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    As i said above i ordered 8 but got 2, same thing happened last time. I have one friend who wants one but i have one extra if someone wants to come get it, located in Pasadena Md 21122

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom