• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I think you filled something out wrong. I just ordered 5 forms and it worked fine. First you click on the little "o" on the right side (in the blue section) of the page listed as "F 7CR (5310.16) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms." Next got to the tan section just above the blue section and make sure step 1 says "Order Item 1" Then click ADD. After you click ADD. The listing will appear on the left side of the page under the Order Item Boxes in the 1) box. Go to the right of that box and type 2 in for the quantity of the C&R forms. Next, type in your information in the Part 1 section under the red heading listed as "Customer Information." When finished click submit under the Part III red section.
    Coinboy, I seriously doubt he did anything wrong and there is somethiing wrong with the system. I have literally ordered maybe a hundred forms (please don't hold it against me for abusing the word "literally") on at least a dozen occasions and have only recived half a dozen all together over maybe three different occasions.
    There is something terribly wrong with it, or maybe it has a blocker for multiple requests.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Coinboy, I see what I did when you explained it to me. I was thinking that being the form I wanted was on item line number 9, that's where I put it. I had a "DUH" moment when I didn't use the very first line as I should have.

But you know, I wonder why on earth you can't download these forms from them? It seems to me that it would actually save them money and manpower if we could just do a simple download? Oh well, I did get my forms ordered.

THANKS!

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Hey Novus collectus, thanks for trying to bail me out of my own stupidity, but I am the one who did do something wrong. I do appreciate the fact you weren't busting on me because of something I did that was just plain old dumb.

Oh well, we all learn.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Coinboy, I seriously doubt he did anything wrong and there is somethiing wrong with the system. I have literally ordered maybe a hundred forms (please don't hold it against me for abusing the word "literally") on at least a dozen occasions and have only recived half a dozen all together over maybe three different occasions.
    There is something terribly wrong with it, or maybe it has a blocker for multiple requests.

I think there is a limit on the amount of forms that they mail out. I ordered 10 the first time and only got 2. Lets see how many I get with this batch of 10. I think they probably limit based on their current inventory of the forms.

6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD
    but if you fill out the MD collectors designation form, doesn't the 30 day wait not apply to you?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    but if you fill out the MD collectors designation form, doesn't the 30 day wait not apply to you?

Yes, but in order for you to be able to buy more than one C&R pistols in MD within thirty days without filling out the mulitple purchases form and waiting 60 days until your next pistol purchase within the state is to have the MD designated collectors status. A C&R FFL does not allow more than one purchases within the state and it does not automatically give you a MD designated collectors status, you must submit an application (affidavit) to the MDSP to get the designation.

Now when buying C&R handguns from an out of state source and then importing them into the state, it is assumed to not be restricted by the one in 30 law and this is based on a few sources. One, when you call the MDSP licensing division they will tell you this, two, the statute says licensed "importers" do not have to follow the 1 in 30 law and when importing into the state the C&R may be technically "a licensed importer" for just when importing a C&R into the state, and finally there is the letter which is strongly believed to be genuine which came from the AG's office written by attorney Mark Bowen saying that a C&R FFL is basically acting as an importer when importing into the state.
    ....and besides, when I got my C&R FFL four years ago I asked the sergeant in the firearms division about this and he said you are limitted in your purchases by the amount of money in your bank account, so buy away. I did not get it in writing however.

The copy of the AG's letter is linked to in the first post of this thread.

6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD
    I knew the federal C&R didn't automatically qualify you for the MD designation, I sent my C&R form and the MD form off yesterday. Does the MD designated collector status override current 60 day waits? I bought 2 lowers, and if I get the approval back with in the next month I am still in my 60 day wait. I remember seeing the answer somewhere, but cant find it again...

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I knew the federal C&R didn't automatically qualify you for the MD designation, I sent my C&R form and the MD form off yesterday. Does the MD designated collector status override current 60 day waits? I bought 2 lowers, and if I get the approval back with in the next month I am still in my 60 day wait. I remember seeing the answer somewhere, but cant find it again...

If you have the MD designated collectors status, you can disregard the one in thirty law.
    If you get your designation next month, you can legally go and buy 20 regulated firearms that day if you wanted.

ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    only two forms

I think there is a limit on the amount of forms that they mail out. I ordered 10 the first time and only got 2. Lets see how many I get with this batch of 10. I think they probably limit based on their current inventory of the forms.

Yeah, I just called and ordered my forms (I've been waiting 6 weeks for the ones I ordered online), and the dude told me theres a limit of two forms per person. Hopefully we can get this show on the road now. I thought computers were supposed to make this sort of thing so much faster.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just ordered my two C&R forms. Not sure what I'll get with a C&R, but I figure I'll come up with something eventually. :) Maybe one of those Star Model Bs people keep talking about.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    I received the form today (I called yesterday and spoke with a helpful girl named Christine) and called the PG Police non-emergency number to get the CLEO, but they had no idea what I was talking about. They transferred me to the State Police Barracks in Forestville and they had no idea what I was talking about. They referred me to their office in Pikesville, where a recording told me to download the MD Collector form (nix that). So, I figured the county police chief should work. I called back the PG non-emergency number and asked for Chief Roberto Hylton's address. They didn't know it and gave me the ph# to his office, which is closed now. So, I pulled it from their web site.

So, my question is: can I just safely list the P. G. County Chief of Police as the local CLEO? It seems reasonable.

Edit: I see in another thread that the police chief appears to be fine.

Last edited:

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Ha,this sucks. Went online and ordered my apps 2 months ago. Got nothing. Called the BATF a couple weeks ago and still no forms. WTH?

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    I called the numer right on the web site where you electronically order the forms. There's a number there that says "for forms not listed call..." and I used that number. Spoke with Christine - very pleasant young lady - and got the form the next day.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Question for COINBOY and/or others:
    Regarding the filling out of C&R green form 7CR: I want to fill out of this form correctly, because I only have one form. 1.) It looks like I fill out Copy 1 (ATF) and Copy 2 (CLEO) separately, since there are no carbon papers involved. 2.) On ATF form it looks like I fill in ALL questions from #1 thru #15 - with #15 being signed and dated by me. Item #10 looks like it is for non-US citizens, so, since I am a US citizen I can leave #10 blank. Right? In #9, they ask for every home address you have had in the last 5 years. I've only had one primary residence in MD for the last 6 years. However, I have a home in WV that is used part time; I'm not considered a resident of WV (non-primary residence, so not allowed to get a DL in WV). Does the WV property need to be included in #9? In #14, they want name of Chief Law Enforcement Officer. Wouldn't they be talking about my local Sheriff here in Hagerstown, Washington County, MD?
    I will be filling out the green forms now, but am not currently in MD. Can I mail these forms from outside of MD to ATF and CLEO? Wouldn't it look strange with another state's postmark?
    Lastly, It doesn't look like any notory signature is need. Right?
    Thanks for any and all help in advance.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Question for COINBOY and/or others:
    Regarding the filling out of C&R green form 7CR: I want to fill out of this form correctly, because I only have one form. 1.) It looks like I fill out Copy 1 (ATF) and Copy 2 (CLEO) separately, since there are no carbon papers involved. 2.) On ATF form it looks like I fill in ALL questions from #1 thru #15 - with #15 being signed and dated by me. Item #10 looks like it is for non-US citizens, so, since I am a US citizen I can leave #10 blank. Right?
    As I read it, if no aliens are listed in #9 on your form, then you have nothing to put down in #10.
    In #9, they ask for every home address you have had in the last 5 years. I've only had one primary residence in MD for the last 6 years. However, I have a home in WV that is used part time; I'm not considered a resident of WV (non-primary residence, so not allowed to get a DL in WV). Does the WV property need to be included in #9?
    Good question. I think you should put it on there if you maintain it as a secondary residence and that is where you have resided.

In #14, they want name of Chief Law Enforcement Officer. Wouldn't they be talking about my local Sheriff here in Hagerstown, Washington County, MD?
    CLEO is confusing, but in MD people have been putting city or town CLEO, county police CLEO, county sherrif, and MDSP and yet no one has been told by the ATF they did it wrong.
    Me, for the initial licese I notified the MDSP, and for my renewal I notified my city police chief. I have had no problems.
    If you call the MDSP firearms/licensing section, they will tell you they are the CLEO and to send it to them, but they are not the ATF.

I will be filling out the green forms now, but am not currently in MD. Can I mail these forms from outside of MD to ATF and CLEO?
    Yes.

Wouldn't it look strange with another state's postmark?
    It would not look strange to the ATF because residents of one state can get a license with an address for another state and it is legal as long as the collecting activities are done at the address on the license.
    As for the CLEO.....who cares? :D THey are not supposed to take any action unless they know you are a prohibitted person and tell the ATF, other than that they are just being notified by you and do not have anything to do with the process as I understand it.

Lastly, It doesn't look like any notory signature is need. Right?
    Thanks for any and all help in advance.
    No notary needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom