• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Like the title says. I have a Stoeger M 3500 that will not eject. The round stays in the chamber. I can manually extract and eject no problem but when the gun is fired it might work once and then subsequent rounds remain in the chamber after fired. It's been completely taken apart inspected cleaned and lubricated.. I've tried heavy loads and light loads and I still have the problem. The ejector looks fine and works when I pull the charging handle back. I've scoured the internet looking for an answer and no one seems to have encountered this issue before. Has anyone here ever seen anything like this?

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I have Stoeger M2000 and had a similar issue with spent shells being stuck in the chamber after being fired, especially with cheap ammunition. The solution for me was to replace the extractor which had worn down after firing somewhere in the neighborhood of 4000 rounds. Since then it has run flawlessly and I am pretty close to around 6000 rounds. An extractor should be pretty cheap and easily replaceable so I would suggest starting there.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Right around the 3-4,000 round mark these shotguns are done. You need to (should) replace the springs, extractor and such. My cousin has one of these and has sent it back in 4 times around the 3-4,000 round time frame and they have replaced all the parts that could wear out every time. I was working at the Beretta Factory and talked to one of the engineers there and he basically said these shotguns were not intended for the serious shooter, entry level autoloader ment as a stepping stone to move up to the big boys. This is not a slam on them by any means because its not a bad shotgun and does its job just with a service life.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    When fired does the bolt travel back? If the bolt does travel does it not come back far enough to eject and get shoved back into the chamber?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom