• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krucam

Ultimate Member
    About 40 of them at that. :thumbsup:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rights-front-dc-city-hall/?page=all#pagebreak

“Hey, hey! Mayor Gray! We want concealed carry,” the protesters chanted.

The group was consistently loud and lively, riffing off popular songs by Twisted Sister and the Beastie Boys — “You gotta fight. For your right. To caaaaarrrry!” — to get their message across.

Finally, a spokesperson for Mayor Gray's office responds with the following. I'd love to Debate these folks:

“While we support their right to express their opinions under the First Amendment, the facts are clear that more guns do not equal safer communities,” Mr. Gray’s spokesman, Pedro Ribeiro, said Friday.
    And there's no correlation that fewer guns create safer communities.

“States with the lax gun laws and higher gun ownership rates have the highest per capita number of gun related deaths.
    Pants on Fire...

The District is currently on pace to have the lowest homicide rate it’s had in over 40 years; our laws are working.”
    Explain the same trend across the river in VA

gun-protest-jawb_s800x600.png

Last edited:

TM82B

Mouse
    Aug 17, 2012
    Hey, hey! Mayor Gray! We want concealed carry

that chant sounds weird and awkward

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    The sad and altogether putrid part about D.C. is that the city council could pass a bill tomorrow and make it law that all DC citizens may open carry and DC is now a shall issue concealed carry city, and Congress could nix it.

All laws passed in DC have to meet the approval of the US Congress before becoming law.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Where's Blueheeler?

I am asleep at the wheel apparently. It seems there have been a few protests by people that do not live in the District. While I applaud their efforts, protests are irrelevant especially as VA residents. Apparently is cool to go to a protest no matter how ineffective. I do not how to put this in a PC manner. DC politicians and law makers do not give a flying romantic encounter about how things work outside of the District. They already KNOW the best way to run the show even if it has been proven not to work. Their proof of knowledge is how well DC runs now.

In DC and politics in general laws are shaped in hearings. None of those protesters showed up. Emily showed up and rocked, Heller was there kicking, I did, my Dad absolutely unloaded the proverbial full mag on the absurdity of microstamping with legitimate knowledgeable arguments. CCW was argued in depth. Honestly I do not believe it is not an impossible argument, unlikely, but not impossible. The protesters are just barking up the easy tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom