• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Next week I'm meeting some friends after work to go to a range in Virginia. I work in DC. Is it legal to drive into DC, park during the day, and then go to Virginia in the evening? The rifle would be locked in my trunk.

I'd hate to have to go all the way home before heading out to the range.

Sent from the toilet via Tapatalk

Yeah, this is what these jerks want you to do - make a completely unnecessary round trip to fetch yer thunderstick. In reality, will they ever know unless you advertise it and consent to a search if pulled over? We are all evil gun owners with intent to do evil with our evil guns. Sheeeeesh! Where does the BS end?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Duh ! Just had a headslap moment. It will be more overall hassle for you , but will make feasable an afterwork range session in Va.

You take an early start in the morning , drive to Metro station . Park there with firearms, etc locked in trunk , take Metro into work. After work eitherget a ride from coworkers , or meet them there. ( Hint - Springfield Metro is on the way to Sharpshooters ) Firearms are not prohibited on WMATA property where legal by State law ( for the general public , employees and contractors are bound by internal rules and General Orders ).

big pimpin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore MD
    Yeah, this is what these jerks want you to do - make a completely unnecessary round trip to fetch yer thunderstick. In reality, will they ever know unless you advertise it and consent to a search if pulled over? We are all evil gun owners with intent to do evil with our evil guns. Sheeeeesh! Where does the BS end?

Or get in a car accident and have it found that way. It happens. I've seen it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom