• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah I know the chances of me finding something like this are actually pretty slim but criminals with no jobs have a lot of free time to think up creative ways to harm people. BTW sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, I don't have access to save pics on the work computer.

IMG_20120328_140842.jpg

IMG_20120328_140827.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    This goes perfectly with the recent airsoft discussion:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79011

Your photos prove that even a "toy" weapon has very real potential of being lethal. Just as much as the opposite scenario of taking a rifle like an AR-15 and painting the flash suppressor or muzzle brake bright orange to make it look like an airsoft copy.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    So you took this off of somebody in MoCo? Carrying it around? Just curious. Makes me want to pay much closer attention to what's going on around me.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So you took this off of somebody in MoCo? Carrying it around? Just curious. Makes me want to pay much closer attention to what's going on around me.

No it's an officer safety bulletin that I get in my email from the WRTAC (Washington Regional Threat Analysis Center).

They basically send out stuff like this on a semi-regular basis. Advising Officers to watch out for Handcuff keys on peoples zippers, belt buckle guns, lanyard neck knives, and then advise us of locations "white powder" letters were sent, threats made aganist Gov. institutions and the like. It's basically like a big heads up to everyone with the focus on situational awareness. I actually just gor one from the WRTAC today that also deals with radioactive scrap metal, but I didn't read it. So watch out for radioactive scrap metal folks hahaha.

EDIT.........and I'm not MoCo (although I do live there) I work in D.C.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    No problem. Thanks for posting it. Like you said, interesting to see what criminal minds dream up. Teaches all of us here what to watch for.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I figured some would find it interesting and i mean with all the Leo threads its just a little insight to the job.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Thats the new KSS (Kel-Tec 12 Gauge Super Soaker). Even rarer than the KSG.

Fixed it for ya :lol:

I got that series of pictures at work yesterday, too. Pretty easy to spot on an xray or in a metal detector, but in somebody's hands on the street, not so much.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Good Grief! In an active situation that would only work till you pulled the trigger once but that might be all the bad guy needs. He could carry it around or throw it on the seat next to him in the car and get away with it for a while.

Be careful guys.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Good Grief! In an active situation that would only work till you pulled the trigger once but that might be all the bad guy needs. He could carry it around or throw it on the seat next to him in the car and get away with it for a while.

Be careful guys.

I think it would fire more then once.

The blue grip on the front was altered as well the pump arms so they attached.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    dont your bullettins also say "do not disseminate, law enforcement eyes only" in red at the top? haha i got this one as well. freaky

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    That is nuts and I can see why it'd be LE sensitive. Unfortunately, I'm sure there are idiots out there who would love to replicate this stupidity.

Be safe out there officer folk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom