Police stop and you are legally transporting a non-serial number firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Something about a posterior?

images

:brows:

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I was stopped by a state trooper for a seat belt violation. He ask for my liscence and registration. I provided that. He went and ran my info and came back. The first question was” Do you have any firearms in your truck?” I asked him if that was my ticket in his hand. He asked me again” Do you have any firearms in your truck?” . I asked again if that was my ticket and this time he handed it to me and told me to have a nice day.

I do not have to answer his questions if they aren’t lawful or pertinent to what we are doing.

I was pulled over I. va and asked if I was carrying to which I said no. He asked if I had any firearms in my vehicle and I told him I was not carrying concealed.

Once again it is t any of their buisness if I am legally transporting a firearm. So I therefore see no need to answer their foolish questions

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That’s why answering the question with an answer of “nothing illegal officer” seems an appropriate answer to his inappropriate question during a stop for a traffic violation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I have no issue with an officer asking me any questions. That is his right.
    I also have the right to not answer. I am always polite and respectful.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm just being silly....

I'm not a serial "getting pulled over guy", but recall those two questions more than once. I had a Wyoming trooper hit me with those questions. I pointed backwards, then pointed forward. Being that highway went straight both directions, I thought that would suffice. The cop did sweat it out of me we had seen a herd of buffalo a few hours ago, and I "thought" we may be headed to Nebraska. He didn't even like that answer, so my wife affirmed Nebraska, with even a town included.

Live PD shows many different traffic stops from across the country, and those two questions appear rote. The show gives valuable lessons what not to do or say. I love the standard answer to "Is there anything illegal in you car", "Not that I know of" or always some friend they just dropped off must have left that, when they find something. "Where did you drop off your friend, what's their name".. and it just keeps going and going.. "Well no, that was a couple days ago"...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm not a serial "getting pulled over guy", but recall those two questions more than once. I had a Wyoming trooper hit me with those questions. I pointed backwards, then pointed forward. Being that highway went straight both directions, I thought that would suffice. The cop did sweat it out of me we had seen a herd of buffalo a few hours ago, and I "thought" we may be headed to Nebraska. He didn't even like that answer, so my wife affirmed Nebraska, with even a town included.

Live PD shows many different traffic stops from across the country, and those two questions appear rote. The show gives valuable lessons what not to do or say. I love the standard answer to "Is there anything illegal in you car", "Not that I know of" or always some friend they just dropped off must have left that, when they find something. "Where did you drop off your friend, what's their name".. and it just keeps going and going.. "Well no, that was a couple days ago"...
    Once they start yapping you know it's not ending well for them

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Sheeesh... step away from the table for a minute and folks start spillin' coffee...

Now... where's that popcorn emoji?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom