• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Sad, the F&S in GA had a SCAR. Hopefully someone bought it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I used to shop st SA then they stopped selling guns so I stopped going. Seems like Dick's has taken a step in the same direction. There's no making the libs happy. I bet they start slowly moving away from outdoor stuff and concentrating on overpriced clothing and accessories just like SA. They'll wind up like the Brits - no pointy knives allowed. Then they'll go under because dull knives are just no fun.

SA started towards cheap everything at expensive prices. Most of the none name brand stuff could found at Wal-Mart and target for much less. Dicks being a more higher end goods store will be able to weather it, and they will still get their Fudds who will buy their camo stuff and huntin rifles and shotguns.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    We, as a community, might be able to hasten Dicks eventual demise.

We should all start complaining to corporate HQ that Dicks still sells "sniper rifles" and "sniper telescopic sights, used by SNIPERS".

Then, complain and threaten boycotts because they sell cop-killer bullets (rifle ammunition, in other words).

When all they have left is shotguns, go after them for still selling any type of firearm at all.

Clearly they'll capitulate if they get angry complaints, so if enough people, say a few hundred, nationally, will commit to a years worth of trolling and complaining, we can probably get ALL firearms out of Dicks within two years. After that, they're outta business in another couple years.

This would help LGS's and reinforce to Cabellas/BassPro how essential gun sales are to keeping a customer base happy and not furiously pissed off at you.

I'll never shop at Dicks again, and I suspect most here won't either. So why don't we just go ahead and burn it down?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    We, as a community, might be able to hasten Dicks eventual demise.

We should all start complaining to corporate HQ that Dicks still sells "sniper rifles" and "sniper telescopic sights, used by SNIPERS".

Then, complain and threaten boycotts because they sell cop-killer bullets (rifle ammunition, in other words).

When all they have left is shotguns, go after them for still selling any type of firearm at all.

Clearly they'll capitulate if they get angry complaints, so if enough people, say a few hundred, nationally, will commit to a years worth of trolling and complaining, we can probably get ALL firearms out of Dicks within two years. After that, they're outta business in another couple years.

This would help LGS's and reinforce to Cabellas/BassPro how essential gun sales are to keeping a customer base happy and not furiously pissed off at you.

I'll never shop at Dicks again, and I suspect most here won't either. So why don't we just go ahead and burn it down?

You have just described the left's playbook for the suspension of anything and everything.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    It's one thing to stop stocking AR15s and quite another to dramatically illustrate pure hatred of the 2nd Amendment by destroying them. They've doubled down on stupid.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    It's one thing to stop stocking AR15s and quite another to dramatically illustrate pure hatred of the 2nd Amendment by destroying them. They've doubled down on stupid.

I've bought my last gun, bow, cleats, canoe, ball, frisbee, clubs or glove from them...the pricks. The credit card and rewards card will be mailed back in pieces once I compose a scathing-enough cover letter to accompany them.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    But if they didn't do it, it would make them liars and hypocrites too :whack:

Wonder what the procedure was/will be, almost guaranteed some will end up missing at some point given the chain of custody is mostly morons and unskilled minimal wage employees. Of course that is assuming they don't "detroy" them by returning them to the distributor if their accountants determine they can't deduct costly virtue signalling. I remember reading about dozens of firearms that were recovered from crime scenes AFTER getting turned in. Seems bliss ninnys are especially ignorant of law and reccord keeping practices. "Buybacks" were basically run by ghetto churches and random liberal organizations with volunteers doing the majority of the work, a couple police to oversee, tables of guns with little supervision, and quite a few times people walked away with gear.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    For the win.....
    bf74491ba8ded9ddcffa84c4476e7a1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livingthedream

Feb 20, 2017
    http://markets.businessinsider.com/...rice-strong-earnings-report-2018-5-1025847370

This report covered the first quarter of the year which is before all this happened so does not reflect any of the animosity that has occurred.

Everytime I went into a dicks it seemed like the gun section was empty. Not selling firearms was a win/win for them really. They got rid of their weakest link and did it at the time they could get the most attention out of it. They definitely took advantage of a horrible situation for their own gain. Its a shame considering where they started as a business, but it is a business. Having said that I am curious what the next earning report would reveal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom