• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    If there is, what is the difference Gold Cup Trophy,. and a Gold Cup National Match...? I am not very familiar with all the different models of the Colt 1911, seems like there are so many of them............................IT HURTS MY HEAD hahahahaha :-)

eagle-eye78

Aug 30, 2012
    Frederick MD
    I have a colt stainless commander (series 80) and love it, I was thining of getting the WC 21st century commander..... is it really worth the price? I already have a SA champion operator for a LW commander...... but damn the WC looks good!

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I have a colt stainless commander (series 80) and love it, I was thining of getting the WC 21st century commander..... is it really worth the price? I already have a SA champion operator for a LW commander...... but damn the WC looks good!

Well, 2A (IP) has one...I've considered it, but I also have three mouths to feed and a few hundred dollars is a lot of money for me right now.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    If there is, what is the difference Gold Cup Trophy,. and a Gold Cup National Match...? I am not very familiar with all the different models of the Colt 1911, seems like there are so many of them............................IT HURTS MY HEAD hahahahaha :-)

To be honest...... I don't know what the difference is.

I've had several people offer me big $$$ for that pistol, after they shot it.

My pistol is no safe queen!!! I've carried it. I've shot it in informal target practice and I've shot it in USPSA/IPSC matches.

This grand old pistol has got almost 10,000 rounds through it, and it is the one pistol that I would choose, IF I had to keep only one.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    At least on the Gold Cup National Match guns, the trigger is wider, as is the hole in the frame for it.

They also came with adjustable sights, and at one time, were the only Colt 1911s with adjustable sights.

The cocking serrations are slanted instead of straight up and down.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Personally, While i like the colt for the money i would buy a Ruger (which i have) or an Ithaca.

I have seen the Ithaca, it's flawless perfect machining with tons of ways you can order it.

the Ruger that i have has features i like, barrel and bushing machined from the same bar stock, every part made in the USA right down to springs and screws. it's fit and finish is tight and clean, no rattling when you shake it. but if your set on a colt by all means get one.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    It's the only one I have, so I'm bias. But, as I said its extremely accurate and I haven't had one single problem after approx. 600+ rounds. It's a great all around 1911.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Don't remember exactly...somewhere in the 1300 neighborhood I think...you'd need to call for the exact price.

They were asking $1600 for it...I called yesterday. If it was $1300, I'd already have bought it.

You can still get one on GB for under $1400. I think I paid $1451 after all shipping and FFL fees were accessed. It definitely stung. But, I'm glad I have it.

Bradw410

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 11, 2012
    Easton
    I'm thinkin about a combat elite in stainless. I'm checking with a few local shops. I'm thinkin maybe used so I don't need the casing. What price range should I be in fit a new/used combat elite?

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Personally, While i like the colt for the money i would buy a Ruger (which i have) or an Ithaca.

I have seen the Ithaca, it's flawless perfect machining with tons of ways you can order it.

the Ruger that i have has features i like, barrel and bushing machined from the same bar stock, every part made in the USA right down to springs and screws. it's fit and finish is tight and clean, no rattling when you shake it. but if your set on a colt by all means get one.

I wouldn't buy jack from Ithaca. They can't even make a Model 37 pump shotgun that runs. There are many more established and reputable sources for a 1911 than the modern day Ithaca Company. Colt is a much better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom