• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I know my cousin went last year on Friday. He cherrypicked a few things that were decent, but not trememdous deals.

On the other hand, my cousin's friend bought an Ishapore 2A for like $600-700. I almost busted out laughing at the poor guy. He then tried to sell it at a show back near his home (he lives in NY state) for $800 and nearly got into a fight with a guy over a "lowball offer" of $350.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    On the other hand, I went on Sunday last year. It was a very good time, albeit it was a bit crowded at times. Not Chantilly crowded, though. I hated going on Saturdays during the Obama years...you didn't get parking within the same Zipcode on Saturday morning.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Has anyone attended this show on Friday? I was thinking Friday may be less of a hassle than the weekend.

Friday tends to be pretty busy for a weekday, large enough crowd. Some deals may be had on Friday, but some dealers may not be willing to bargain so early into the weekend. Just as a side note SCSG will be at the show if anyone needs a transfer!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I usually try to make it up on Fridays for all of the 3 day Oak Shows. I like to be able to cherry pick the merchandise. You may not get that Sunday @ 2pm discount, but I find that the vendors usually stick to their prices throughout the entire 3 day show. Parking is a little easier on Friday if you get their early. I like to get their right after they open the doors. This also gives me more time to see and talk to the folks who once upon a time, did the Maryland gun shows.

Also, if you have time, stop and look at the military vehicle display. Some very nice "Army Man" stuff there.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Is there a Bob Evan's or Cracker barrel type restaurant nearby where I can get something to eat before I go to the show?

Wendy's , Moes Southwest , Jersey Mikes , Thinking Pizza Hut or another one like it.

Have to do Friday this year . the infringers will be in DC on the 24th can't miss that

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There is a Bob Evans on Egypt Road very near the gun show and you have the King of Prussia Mall nearby, so your food options are all over the place.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Kicking around taking a day off Friday to go.

I had plans on going up on Friday and my grandson's 1st birthday on Saturday. BUT, with this cold or whatever I have, I don't think I'll be doing anything but laying in bed all weekend.

This cold kicked me with a size 13.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    SCSG will be there, we will have lots of hicap mags for sale there both new and used! We can also handle transfers for any Marylander's.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    And just like that I can't go. Grandma died last Friday and we have to move Grandpa to a new apartment. Family over everything even if only about one quarter of my extended family is actually worth a damn and helps the old man.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    The Friday I went was not as fully staffed as the next morning but I was able to purchase the Saturday ticket on the Friday and did not have to wait in the line the next morning!

T48

Mar 5, 2018
    Anne Arundel Co.
    I attended the Oak Gun show this past Friday. I arrived half hour after it open at 1:30. It was wide open and you did not have the hassles of too many people. It’s a great gun show. The prices seem like they were higher than either the past York or Harrisburg shows . One vendor Sarco had AR parts kit for about $300.00 at both the York and Harrisburg show at the Oaks show they increased the price for the same kit up to $399.00. So I called the Sarco store and they were still selling those kits at the old price. I am moving on to another supplier as I will not deal with anyone who takes advantage of the current political state. I am done with the parts pirates. Overall the majority of the suppliers are fair individuals and I still am planning on going back to that show.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Went on Saturday AM, with my father in law and a friend. Overall, it was a good show, but I noticed that a lot of real estate was taken up by folks selling socks, women's leggings, jerky, pickles, and cheap knives. Definitely more of this than in the past. However, I did see some decent deals on some older guns, but a lot of higher prices as well. There were wartime 91/30 Mosin-Nagants for $300 still in the crate, and some abomination was selling "cleaned" (read: stripped of red shellac and refinished with polyurethane) Hex 91/30s wearing what appeared to be original barrels for $335-350, including an East German marked rifle. I also saw Chinese and Yugo SKSs going for $500+, but overheard that Yugo rifles are not bringing up to $100 more than Russian SKSs because of the grenade launcher. I couldn't believe it.

However, I did see a table of nice Finnish Mosins for reasonable prices ($300-450), and a couple of K98 rifles for under $500 (albeit Russian capture). I ended up picking up a Remington Rolling Block #5 in 7x57 and an original WWII Canadian Webley holster for less than repro holsters are sold for, so I thought it was a good show.

There seemed to be some price gouging regarding ARs and related parts, but this was from dealer to dealer. The Magpul dealer in the south room was still holding steady on prices, but others were selling PMAGs for $17+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom