• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I bought a new Ruger SR1911 today for $750. I compared it carefully with a Remington R1S right next to it for the same price. Both made in USA. The Ruger was better from my POV. Both are very nice. Choose wisely.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    1911's :-) I am waiting to finish an AR build, with a 3 color Cerekote camo job on it, so after I sell it, I am going to get a 1911. I have my heart set on a Colt, still not sure which model yet though. I like the XSE RL, Gold Cup, Combat Elite.....but, I also like a Remington threaded barrel, the SR1911, a couple of S & W's :-).

I am kind of lucky I do not have the money at this moment :-), but am thinking, if I get any thing other than a COLT, even though, I may not be...per se...disappointed, I still may regret not getting what I want.

Who has experience in this situation, not getting what you REALLY wanted? :-)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    All Springfield slides and frames begin life in Brazil. Some are then shipped to US for assembly, and generally these are better quality than those produces by IMBEL in Brazil, but some nice ones come from there too. I don't think any Springers are made in the Phillipines, that would be news to me.

Look at the serial number. The 1911's that have the "Brazil" import marking's on the frame have more than 50% of the work performed by IMBEL, these would have the "N" prefix. The GI's are also made in Brazil and have the WW prefix. The Mil-spec model's can have either a N or NM prefix, with the N being more common.

Springfield's Loaded models, could either have the N or NM prefix. Model's with the N prefix are imported almost complete with the exception of the sight and beavertail grip safety cut's. These cuts are done at Springfield's facility in Geneseo, IL. The NM prefix Loaded's (as well as the TRP and Trophy Match) have the magwell and most of the internal cuts done, but no rail cuts. The final CNC machining on NM prefixes is done in Illinois.

I believe the ROs get an NM prefix and receive the same slide to frame attention that TRPs and MC Operators get during manufacture.

This ^^^

Every divorced guy on the planet.

Guess I'm no exception here.:lol2:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I had a very good Kimber Series I Gold Match. Very nice pistol. It quite light my fire. I sold it and used tge cash to buy a SA Trophy Match. Excellent pistol that seemed to say "shoot me". With good match quality ammo it would hold 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 " groups @ 25 yards all day long (off bags). I sold when I downsized the stable it duplicated other 1911's I have. I do regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom