• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    Went to the new Cabelas today in Delaware and came home with a Parker Tornado F4 Crossbow. I have never shot a crossbow before. It was nice that they had a range there so I could try out a few. I was originally set on getting a Tenpoint. I talked to reps from Excalibur and Parker. I test fired a Excalibur, Tenpoint and a Parker.

The Tenpoint I didn't like how it felt when I shoulder it. It felt front heavy. The scope was ok. Cocking it was easy.

Next I tried the Excalibur. It felt great when I shouldered it. It was very comfortable and was well balanced. The scope was nice. It was illuminated. It illuminated red and green. I didn't like the draw weight. I have bursitis in my shoulder and have problems with my elbow on the same arm as well as lower back problems. Cocking it was a little difficult.

Next I tried the Parker. The scope was nice. It also was red and green illuminated. Cocking it was easy. It felt great when I shouldered it. It was also very well balanced. It came with 10 bolts, practice tips, broadheads, soft case, sling, hat, scope, quiver, pull rope, string wax and rail lube. Here are some pics.

The circles in the scope illuminate red and green.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Went to the new Cabelas today in Delaware and came home with a Parker Tornado F4 Crossbow. I have never shot a crossbow before. It was nice that they had a range there so I could try out a few. I was originally set on getting a Tenpoint. I talked to reps from Excalibur and Parker. I test fired a Excalibur, Tenpoint and a Parker.

The Tenpoint I didn't like how it felt when I shoulder it. It felt front heavy. The scope was ok. Cocking it was easy.

Next I tried the Excalibur. It felt great when I shouldered it. It was very comfortable and was well balanced. The scope was nice. It was illuminated. It illuminated red and green. I didn't like the draw weight. I have bursitis in my shoulder and have problems with my elbow on the same arm as well as lower back problems. Cocking it was a little difficult.

Next I tried the Parker. The scope was nice. It also was red and green illuminated. Cocking it was easy. It felt great when I shouldered it. It was also very well balanced. It came with 10 bolts, practice tips, broadheads, soft case, sling, hat, scope, quiver, pull rope, string wax and rail lube. Here are some pics.

Do you recall the Models/features you tried of the other brands & the prices? I fired a well-silenced Tenpoint last weekend & really liked it. I've not gone for the full consultation at the pro shop however.

And congrats!

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    You've got me green with envy my friend. I have been looking at crossbows for a couple months. Ugh.... want one so bad......... someday. Someday.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Nice purchase. I have a Parker Hornet Extreme and love it. They are very accurate. I recommend shooting just one arrow when practicing. I robinhooded one at 50 yards, it gets a little expensive.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    You've got me green with envy my friend. I have been looking at crossbows for a couple months. Ugh.... want one so bad......... someday. Someday.

I would definitely go some where you can test a couple. Up till I shot a few crossbows I was set on getting a TenPoint till I shot it and held it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom