• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bear Whitetail Hunter compound bow. Looks like original strings and everything. Will be my first time shooting a compound...

I have a few recurves I love, we'll see how this goes. I'm planning on bringing it to a shop before I shoot it. Any recs on a place around Bethesda or Capitol Hill?
    e8yvy8un.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I wonder how many people had that bow as their first compound. I know I had one. Upgraded a couple years later to a PSE Edge Limited and gave my Bear to a friend for his first bow.

Funbrit

May 28, 2008
    Rockville
    I still have mine from when i bought it around 81, cant bring myself to let it go even after buying a new Bear two years ago.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Thanks guys! I have a bag and everything in my back yard for my recurves and crossbow. I was mostly looking for a shop to have it tuned up at and adjusted for me. The draw is too short for me by about 3".

I was recommended Bowes and Arrows in Woodbridge, any other suggestions?

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    Bear whitetail was my first compound around 1983. Used it to shoot quite a few deer until I upgraded around 1997. Even though it shot aluminum arrows as big as lincoln logs with an arc larger than Mcdonalds golden arch, I had a hard time deciding to upgrade and liked it alot. Get yours checked out and have fun shooting it.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Thanks guys! I have a bag and everything in my back yard for my recurves and crossbow. I was mostly looking for a shop to have it tuned up at and adjusted for me. The draw is too short for me by about 3".

I was recommended Bowes and Arrows in Woodbridge, any other suggestions?

IF you're not using a release, get one. That should get you about 2-1/2 to 3" back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom