• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hennyone

Jan 28, 2014
    Baltimore
    In case you guys didn't already know the crossbow has been added to projectiles allowed for fishing in all Maryland waters this year. :cool: As long as you are 100 yards from another person or a vessel. I am trying to keep one in the boat for that time when they surface. I have a Horton Supermag. I found a picture of one with a reel already on it. I just can't seem to find a mount. I want to make sure the mount fits before I purchase one. Does anyone know of a mount I can put where the quiver is for a Ams reel setup like in the picture below. If so where can I pick one up at?

2481a23f.jpg

This is the same crossbow I have. I am looking for the mount.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    In case you guys didn't already know the crossbow has been added to projectiles allowed for fishing in all Maryland waters this year. :cool: As long as you are 100 yards from another person or a vessel. I am trying to keep one in the boat for that time when they surface. I have a Horton Supermag. I found a picture of one with a reel already on it. I just can't seem to find a mount. I want to make sure the mount fits before I purchase one. Does anyone know of a mount I can put where the quiver is for a Ams reel setup like in the picture below. If so where can I pick one up at?
    I just hope if i happen past you,that point is towards the water at all times. it got passed and is legal and all but my opinion is a loaded crossbow has no place in a boat for concerns that i guess are not obvious to others. now you didn't say you were gonna be on a boat, just figured i need to dust off my soap box and spray it with pledge every now and then.

I've wanted a string thing so tracking Bambi is easier.

200 yards of string would work.
    hit it in the right spot like you are supposed to and all you need to do is hire ray charles to find it for you.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I've wanted a string thing so tracking Bambi is easier.

200 yards of string would work.

a good bow shot will typically have a pass through...string isnt going to help you much there...

Just practice on the target and aim for the vitals...if you hit the vitals you wont go much past 60yds on a bad day..

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    a good bow shot will typically have a pass through...string isnt going to help you much there...

Just practice on the target and aim for the vitals...if you hit the vitals you wont go much past 60yds on a bad day..

they make string trackers for bowhunters and a pass through gives you two strings to follow, just can't reel them back in. Heres a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS41WLS8ff4

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom