Old March 24th, 2018, 09:04 AM #12
Cynical Smartass

Cynical Smartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
Enjoy living in the toilet of america.
Interesting comment.

I thought your area was MD MS-13 HQ?
You just want to suck the joy out of everything!
Glaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:16 AM #13
Hooligan #2

Hooligan #2

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaron View Post
Interesting comment.

I thought your area was MD MS-13 HQ?
They speak like they’ve never been out of Montgomery county.
Buff7mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:25 AM #14

My wife and I are looking to downsize. We originally wanted to stay in Md. but I have to say WV. is looking very very good right now.
cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:32 AM #15
2A Defender

2A Defender

Moved 4 years ago after 30 years in the Peoples Republic and no regrets.

CPO,USN (ret) 1972-1997
NRA Benefactor Mbr
MD Designated Collector
C&R FFL
Utah and NC Concealed Carry
GRNC
SAF
herkybird72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:42 AM #16
Hold my beer. Watch this.

Quote:
Think much?
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:44 AM #17

Yeah, you guys are correct. I was rude to have said that. I apologize.

All I'm saying is that moving your whole life for something as trivial as gun laws is ridiculous. Like really, that's the hill you want to die on? Head on off to the hills where it's hard to even get decent internet just because big gubmint wants you to jump through some hoops to get a certain firearm? I agree, the HQL is some bullshit and I refuse to get that license because I'm not a criminal and I don't want the feds to have my fingerprints just because.

But I'll bet you're all well armed nonetheless, as I am. We all agree on a certain level of gun control, don't we? Or do we honestly believe we all have a right to cluster bombs, RPG-7s, and nuclear warheads? That is government regulation. We all agree it's necessary, what we don't all agree on is where that regulation should end. But that's a healthy conversation to have instead of throwing your opponents out of the window with ad hominem attacks and whistleblowing for nonsense.

But there are more amendments than the 2nd that really need attention and defense. How about the 4th? Protection from unreasonable search and seizure? Isn't this one worth being militant about? I know you've all heard stories of civil forfeiture which actually accounts for more goods removed from civilians than that of criminal theft - that one's true by the way, look it up.

That's just one, though. We could go down the list and find so many more infractions of various amendments. I get annoyed when people pretend like there's only the second amendment, and that's the hill you must stand atop, even in the face of facts and studies that try to temper things a bit.

I again apologize for my original response - it was callous of me. But surely this post is reasonable and something we can more or less agree upon?
Slenderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:48 AM #18

Your opinion of WV is dated and well off the mark. It is gentrifying quickly thanks to a flood of fed-up people from MD. It's plainly evident by all the large, expensive McMansions popping up everywhere in eastern WV within possible (but not easy) driving distance to the Balt-DC corridor. Been to Harper's Ferry or Shepherdstown lately? Very nice places and property values are soaring.
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:54 AM #19
Hooligan #2

Hooligan #2

Quote:

All I'm saying is that moving your whole life for something as trivial as gun laws is ridiculous. Like really, that's the hill you want to die on? Head on off to the hills where it's hard to even get decent internet just because big gubmint wants you to jump through some hoops to get a certain firearm? I agree, the HQL is some bullshit and I refuse to get that license because I'm not a criminal and I don't want the feds to have my fingerprints just because.

But I'll bet you're all well armed nonetheless, as I am. We all agree on a certain level of gun control, don't we? Or do we honestly believe we all have a right to cluster bombs, RPG-7s, and nuclear warheads? That is government regulation. We all agree it's necessary, what we don't all agree on is where that regulation should end. But that's a healthy conversation to have instead of throwing your opponents out of the window with ad hominem attacks and whistleblowing for nonsense.

But there are more amendments than the 2nd that really need attention and defense. How about the 4th? Protection from unreasonable search and seizure? Isn't this one worth being militant about? I know you've all heard stories of civil forfeiture which actually accounts for more goods removed from civilians than that of criminal theft - that one's true by the way, look it up.

That's just one, though. We could go down the list and find so many more infractions of various amendments. I get annoyed when people pretend like there's only the second amendment, and that's the hill you must stand atop, even in the face of facts and studies that try to temper things a bit.

I again apologize for my original response - it was callous of me. But surely this post is reasonable and something we can more or less agree upon?
I hope you realize that even though it the second amendment there would be no others if it weren’t for the 2nd. So just maybe you might want to rethink your opinion on which one to stand behind first!
Buff7mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:55 AM #20
When All Else Fails.

When All Else Fails.

Quote:

Where is the line for you?

Which class of firearms/weapon systems shouldn't be in civilian hands?
iH8DemLibz is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Comments and Suggestions