• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mad scientist

Jul 13, 2013
    WV now
    I wan't sure where to post this. I don't know if there are any lawmakers/politicians in this group but MD is losing another law abiding tax paying native for friendlier lands. I would have loved to settle in the western hills of our state but I'm tired and don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I will continue to help with our rights in the whole nation while enjoying my new freedoms in WV.

NRA
    MSI

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Can’t blame you. I’ll be out of here as soon as circumstances allow.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    Good for you, mad scientist. I would follow suit if it weren't for family connections. I envy you the freedom of the hills.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    I wan't sure where to post this. I don't know if there are any lawmakers/politicians in this group but MD is losing another law abiding tax paying native for friendlier lands. I would have loved to settle in the western hills of our state but I'm tired and don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I will continue to help with our rights in the whole nation while enjoying my new freedoms in WV.

NRA
    MSI

Congrats and welcome from a Maryland ex-pat. I love WV. Moved here three years ago, the ppl are great.

cyclops

Dec 31, 2016
    Western Md.
    My wife and I are looking to downsize. We originally wanted to stay in Md. but I have to say WV. is looking very very good right now.

Slenderman

Sep 30, 2016
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yeah, you guys are correct. I was rude to have said that. I apologize.

All I'm saying is that moving your whole life for something as trivial as gun laws is ridiculous. Like really, that's the hill you want to die on? Head on off to the hills where it's hard to even get decent internet just because big gubmint wants you to jump through some hoops to get a certain firearm? I agree, the HQL is some ******** and I refuse to get that license because I'm not a criminal and I don't want the feds to have my fingerprints just because.

But I'll bet you're all well armed nonetheless, as I am. We all agree on a certain level of gun control, don't we? Or do we honestly believe we all have a right to cluster bombs, RPG-7s, and nuclear warheads? That is government regulation. We all agree it's necessary, what we don't all agree on is where that regulation should end. But that's a healthy conversation to have instead of throwing your opponents out of the window with ad hominem attacks and whistleblowing for nonsense.

But there are more amendments than the 2nd that really need attention and defense. How about the 4th? Protection from unreasonable search and seizure? Isn't this one worth being militant about? I know you've all heard stories of civil forfeiture which actually accounts for more goods removed from civilians than that of criminal theft - that one's true by the way, look it up.

That's just one, though. We could go down the list and find so many more infractions of various amendments. I get annoyed when people pretend like there's only the second amendment, and that's the hill you must stand atop, even in the face of facts and studies that try to temper things a bit.

I again apologize for my original response - it was callous of me. But surely this post is reasonable and something we can more or less agree upon?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Your opinion of WV is dated and well off the mark. It is gentrifying quickly thanks to a flood of fed-up people from MD. It's plainly evident by all the large, expensive McMansions popping up everywhere in eastern WV within possible (but not easy) driving distance to the Balt-DC corridor. Been to Harper's Ferry or Shepherdstown lately? Very nice places and property values are soaring.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

All I'm saying is that moving your whole life for something as trivial as gun laws is ridiculous. Like really, that's the hill you want to die on? Head on off to the hills where it's hard to even get decent internet just because big gubmint wants you to jump through some hoops to get a certain firearm? I agree, the HQL is some ******** and I refuse to get that license because I'm not a criminal and I don't want the feds to have my fingerprints just because.

But I'll bet you're all well armed nonetheless, as I am. We all agree on a certain level of gun control, don't we? Or do we honestly believe we all have a right to cluster bombs, RPG-7s, and nuclear warheads? That is government regulation. We all agree it's necessary, what we don't all agree on is where that regulation should end. But that's a healthy conversation to have instead of throwing your opponents out of the window with ad hominem attacks and whistleblowing for nonsense.

But there are more amendments than the 2nd that really need attention and defense. How about the 4th? Protection from unreasonable search and seizure? Isn't this one worth being militant about? I know you've all heard stories of civil forfeiture which actually accounts for more goods removed from civilians than that of criminal theft - that one's true by the way, look it up.

That's just one, though. We could go down the list and find so many more infractions of various amendments. I get annoyed when people pretend like there's only the second amendment, and that's the hill you must stand atop, even in the face of facts and studies that try to temper things a bit.

I again apologize for my original response - it was callous of me. But surely this post is reasonable and something we can more or less agree upon?

I hope you realize that even though it the second amendment there would be no others if it weren’t for the 2nd. So just maybe you might want to rethink your opinion on which one to stand behind first!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Where is the line for you?

Which class of firearms/weapon systems shouldn't be in civilian hands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom