• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 26, 2014
    I lived, worked, and went to school in the area till 2008. There are enough police presence around during sunlight hours to make the area somewhat safe. Not sure how it is now, but I remember being constantly greeted with the "baltimore bow" near the entrances to the market. Never felt unsafe there, but I wouldn't say its a family friendly place either. The fragrance of cooking grease and urine makes the Baltimore experience even more.......Baltimore

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Had lunch from there every day back in the late 80's.

Great selection of great food but piss poor atmosphere.

Kind of miss it but not working in that area.

I worked half way between H&H and Lexington Market

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I've only been during lunch-time and only when I worked by Charles Center a few years back and rode the Metro in from Owings Mills. The worst thing about it for me was having people get on the Metro back towards Owings Mills with paper bags full of food at Lexington Market and then me having to smell all the steamed or cooked seafood before my own dinner time with a grumbly rumbly tummy!

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Last time I was there was in 2006 or so when an Indian co-worker recommended an Indian restaurant there. We went and buffet was ok. Wasn't phenomenal. It was a 2 block walk there and I remember feeling unsafe the whole time.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Good luck with this

Attachments

• 8BA4BED9-3825-49AE-A898-351BEC8E5DD7.jpg
      8BA4BED9-3825-49AE-A898-351BEC8E5DD7.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 166

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I go there 3 or 4 times a year for oysters or lunch. Yes you do have to be careful and remain aware of your surroundings but most of the violence there is internecine among the dealers & their customers.

Sorry but I don't want to keep my head on a swivel while eating lunch. Rule number one, avoid bad situations and places. Rule number two, stay the hell out of Baltimore!! Rule number three, follow rules one and two!

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Sorry but I don't want to keep my head on a swivel while eating lunch. Rule number one, avoid bad situations and places. Rule number two, stay the hell out of Baltimore!! Rule number three, follow rules one and two!

One of the scariest and most stressful field trips I ever chaperoned was for my 10th grade daughter’s class from Mount de Sales to go visit the hippodrome. I had a cow when I learned that the Dominican sister thought it would be a good idea for these school girls to eat lunch at Lexington Market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I used to stop in there often for lunch. My dad was head of security for years and I always felt safe while with him in the market. It was walking from and to my truck that was a little unnerving at times.
    When I was a kid, it was a place that you could spend hours with the entire family.
    Sadly, nothing stays the same and only seems get worse with time.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    If you want to visit a city market with good food then try Cross St. Market down in South Baltimore. Great seafood, sandwiches, subs, etc. You do have a few homeless people at the entrance on Charles St. but it's nothing like Lexington Market.

Cross Street Market is going through some much needed renovations. Not sure what is or isn’t open.

Gorba

Deplorable Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2018
    Annapolis

I couldn't agree more! Amen and amen, and another one for rule 3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom