• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    He always makes me so mad. For some reason I still read his crap and as usual today's article was so much more of the same. Blame the dealers for disapproved people getting guns. Then out of the blue he had two paragraphs ALMOST complete common sense. I say almost because he still manages to put in little jabs there too. I just had to share. Here is where he want screwy and actually spoke mostly the truth.

"Like it or not, people have a right to buy guns. If you're going to pass a law requiring them to wait for seven days — a perfectly sound idea — you have to provide enough staff to process the applications in a timely manner. By any standard, a 100-day wait for something as simple as a criminal background check is unreasonable.

We shouldn't blame the state police for this mess, but the O'Malley administration for what looks like a slow response to a demand that everyone knew was coming. This mess isn't about greedy dealers; it's about an administration that can't keep its part of a bargain in the political deal that created Maryland's new law."

Link to full crappy commentary below.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-rodricks-0804-20130802,0,6317820.column

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Sounds like maybe poor Dan decided (like many liberals) to buy a gun, since they were successful in denying that right to everyone else.

I hope his paperwork gets lost.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    I know "Dippy" Dan from his days in Rhode Island, when he wrote a column in the "WOONSOCKET CALL" daily birdcage liner. He was full left turn then and still is....
    Simply a New England Liberal who has not learned a thing since back in the 70's..
    A real dipshiza...
    R

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    He always makes me so mad. For some reason I still read his crap and as usual today's article was so much more of the same. Blame the dealers for disapproved people getting guns. Then out of the blue he had two paragraphs ALMOST complete common sense. I say almost because he still manages to put in little jabs there too. I just had to share. Here is where he want screwy and actually spoke mostly the truth.

"Like it or not, people have a right to buy guns. If you're going to pass a law requiring them to wait for seven days — a perfectly sound idea — you have to provide enough staff to process the applications in a timely manner. By any standard, a 100-day wait for something as simple as a criminal background check is unreasonable.

We shouldn't blame the state police for this mess, but the O'Malley administration for what looks like a slow response to a demand that everyone knew was coming. This mess isn't about greedy dealers; it's about an administration that can't keep its part of a bargain in the political deal that created Maryland's new law."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-rodricks-0804-20130802,0,6317820.column

Baltimore's inner city violence problem is akin to a septic system, and one badly in need of a pump. There comes a time where the functionality of any system requires the unpleasant job inherent to the removal of waste. And yes, some of these characters represent genuine evil, and are genuine waste.

Rodrick's mindset is typical of the breed. "Gun Violence" is a very convenient and a very well thought out choice of words. The people who create these terms aren't village idiots. They are highly educated individuals, oftentimes with an agenda of securing and maintaining their own personal power, who create this and similar terms very purposefully. Repeated often enough, the term "gun violence" serves both conveniently and effectively to deflect attention from fatally flawed ideology, failed policies, and a comparative handful of genuinely bad and predatory actors on the streets.

Here's a novel idea. There's such a thing as evil, and there's such a thing as waste. Bring on the truck. And since you're not going to do that, and instead you intend to leave the waste in place? Then you will NOT infringe on the ability of law abiding folks who choose only a chance to possibly avoid being consumed by these predators. Yeah, 100,000 applications. Where's the mystery? Each one says I'll feel much more confident in entrusting my own personal safety.......... to me.

Rodricks would be the last one to actually blame Baltimore's crime problem on the people actually perpetrating the crimes. Not blaming them makes him feel better about himself. "Oh, look at me, look how enlightened I am, I'd never hold the perps responsible for their own acts, I'm oh so much more sophisticated than that, look at me, look at me, ain't I great!" He's a kneejerk, unthinking liberal with all that implies.

Feb 28, 2013
    Sounds like maybe poor Dan decided (like many liberals) to buy a gun, since they were successful in denying that right to everyone else.

I hope his paperwork gets lost.

I wouldn't doubt it. Wouldn't surprise me at all for him to be among the "Gun control for the peasants but not for me" crowd.

I'll bet he even has a MD CCP, with G&S bought and paid for by his employers.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Rodricks would be the last one to actually blame Baltimore's crime problem on the people actually perpetrating the crimes. Not blaming them makes him feel better about himself. "Oh, look at me, look how enlightened I am, I'd never hold the perps responsible for their own acts, I'm oh so much more sophisticated than that, look at me, look at me, ain't I great!" He's a kneejerk, unthinking liberal with all that implies.

That's how the entire "no labels" and "no judgement" crowd thinks. They mistakenly think that judging one's actions and character is akin to judging them based in skin color. These enlightened people forget that words have meaning. These are the same people who have "discriminating" taste and only buy the best things (no Fords or Chevys for them), shop at the best stores (Wal Mart, haha no way), and cocktail with societies finest (no Tea Party in their inner circle).

But when it comes to people who disagree with their world view, well those people are knuckle dragging cave men who are too selfish to care about the plights of the poor because they donate money to charities instead of giving it to the gov't to distribute "equally."

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    You won't have Dan to worry about much longer. He recently printed a goodbye column saying he was leaving the Sun

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    NICE!!!! Now if we can get some more conservative owners in there and print some real unbiased news.

Honestly, conservative owners would be equally biased about other things. What we NEED is objective news reporting without bias.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009

I was shocked also. He actually made sense for a short period of time. I am surprised that the Gay Muslim Democrat Newsletter even printed it!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Dan must have tried to put himself in our shoes and thought what it would be like for him if he had to wait 7-days for a Twinkie. Then he just had to start writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom