• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I picked up a 585 about a month ago, actually in my pocket right now. It's the mini barrage, assisted opener. I like the knife overall buti wish the handles were aluminum or g10. The plastic is a little slick. Love the assisted opening and optional lock. Blade shape and grind are on point as well. My next Benchmade will be an emissary I think.

Nice! Yeah, the handles feel a little cheap but no doubt they're durable. I waffled between the 585 and 580 but decided to go with the 580 since I'm not really planning to EDC it and the larger blade will probably be a little more utilitarian.

My next Benchmade? I'm considering the Crooked River strictly for field/hunting use.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Nice! Yeah, the handles feel a little cheap but no doubt they're durable. I waffled between the 585 and 580 but decided to go with the 580 since I'm not really planning to EDC it and the larger blade will probably be a little more utilitarian.

My next Benchmade? I'm considering the Crooked River strictly for field/hunting use.

Those look nice. And it reminded me I want a grizzly ridge too. Maybe Christmas will come early

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Those look nice. And it reminded me I want a grizzly ridge too. Maybe Christmas will come early

Knife shopping is addictive and can pose a serious hazard to the wallet. Not so much since Amazon started taking Hilton points for payment last year but, it's a lot easier now to get carried away than it ever was before. 120k points gone in a blink of an eye! LOL

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Finest pocket knife I've ever owned.

20180620_174033_zpsgtve99xr.jpg

20180620_174117_zpslrkdiqtw.jpg

Part of my daily carry...

20180929_111448_zpsbu0p4psj.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I just picked up this Randall Model 28 "Woodsman"...
    Randall-Model-28.jpg

Since it's called the "Woodsman"...here it is with my Colt "Huntsman" which is part of their Woodsman line of rimfire pistols...
    Colt-Randall.jpg

Nice did you pick it up at the auction in middletown this weekend? I did not get a chance to attend

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    A couple Loop Daggers from Africa.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      130.9 KB · Views: 411
    • Loop dagger 2.jpg
      Loop dagger 2.jpg
      112.2 KB · Views: 417

Tod

MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Dads USMC blades

My Father carried these in Korea. I saved the Kbar from my brothers toolbox, he was using it as a gasket scrapper. No respect...he is such a D-bag

Attachments

• 15868D18-87D9-4608-B65B-B8F5495AC55D.jpeg
      15868D18-87D9-4608-B65B-B8F5495AC55D.jpeg
      74.3 KB · Views: 405

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Just picked up the Cold Steel SRK blade over the weekend at the York gun show. I had one of these fine knives many years ago and sold it due to financial difficulties at one time. I'm glad to have bought a replacement finally.
    SRK-knife.jpg

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    3RHlP15.jpg

Spent the past week hemming and hawing between a Zero Tolerance 0393 and the Microtech Socom Elite S/E. Decided to go with the Microtech today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom