• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Would be great if we can get more women, people of color, new immigrants etc to become gun owners, whether it's for hobby or self defense. The left are masters at playing identity politics, they should get a taste of their own medicine.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Would be great if we can get more women, people of color, new immigrants etc to become gun owners, whether it's for hobby or self defense. The left are masters at playing identity politics, they should get a taste of their own medicine.

I think this is starting to happen. I'm starting to see a lot more women and people of color exercising their rights. Just look around the next time you go to a gun show or local gun shop. :thumbsup:

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    I think this is starting to happen. I'm starting to see a lot more women and people of color exercising their rights. Just look around the next time you go to a gun show or local gun shop. :thumbsup:

When people like Shannon Watts ridiculously relates the gun control issue to white privilege and racism, people like Colin Noir can easily refute that by saying "you lecturing me, a legal black gun owner, on what white privilege looks like and how guns should be controlled in this country is precisely a real life demonstration of white privilege. Blacks face a significantly higher likelihood to fall victim to gun violence, and you the privileged whites want to take away our right to protect ourselves. #blacklivesmatter".

Gotta rub the lefty's dirt in their own faces.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010

This is already happening. In San Francisco, Chinese people, many who are legal immigrants, are buying more and more guns since they have become targeted by gangs and blacks. They aren't going to chant and scream at demonstrations like the Democrat's favored minority group does, but instead are quietly arming themselves to protect themselves against criminals. They make up a large percentage of new gun owners in CA.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    This is already happening. In San Francisco, Chinese people, many who are legal immigrants, are buying more and more guns since they have become targeted by gangs and blacks. They aren't going to chant and scream at demonstrations like the Democrat's favored minority group does, but instead are quietly arming themselves to protect themselves against criminals. They make up a large percentage of new gun owners in CA.
    When black folks who hate white folks have squeezed all they can out of racism and white privilege, they will then turn on people of color.

Asians and hispanics who (read work for a living, obey laws, are good citizens) can think for themselves and who are also pragmatic can see and know for a fact this is coming. They ain't stupid...

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017

One thing that constantly baffles many first generation Chinese immigrants (most of whom came to the US after mainland China opened up in the 1980s), is why the Asian political leaders (many of them have been in the US for generations, born and raised here) that are in office are largely left leaning. It's probably because many of them grew up and get influenced in left leaning states like California and New York, where there are high concentration of Asian population, and right leaning candidates have little chance of winning office.

One complaint I have heard far too often is that the left is over-protective of those who are known to target Asians for violent crimes, and the left loves "diversity" and racial quota in higher education, tech and other fields requiring high skills where Asians are "over-represented", while they don't want to address the real discrimination faced by Asian Americans (except for occasionally decrying lack of Asians on TV and movies). So why on earth are Asian leaders almost all staunch democrats?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    One thing that constantly baffles many first generation Chinese immigrants (most of whom came to the US after mainland China opened up in the 1980s), is why the Asian political leaders (many of them have been in the US for generations, born and raised here) that are in office are largely left leaning.
    So why on earth are Asian leaders almost all staunch democrats?

Because people vote them into office.

The real question: Why do people vote them into office. Secondary question: Why don't immigrants advocate to get better politicians into office, say by running for office.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Because people vote them into office.

The real question: Why do people vote them into office. Secondary question: Why don't immigrants advocate to get better politicians into office, say by running for office.

Why are most urban college graduates left-leaning?

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Young people are frequently left leaning. Then they get a job and start to wonder where their taxes go.

Some won't. Many of my American friends, many of them grad school classmates who are white and come from moderately privileged backgrounds, stay quite liberal years later as they have jobs and become parents themselves. I rarely see a non-white person in all the pictures they post on facebook, but they sure speak loudly about liberal causes. That evil AR15 article was lined to me from one of them.

May 19, 2016
    Why are most urban college graduates left-leaning?

How are they being educated in college? Have you ever talked to a physician, someone who has spent years of their life in post graduate education, and heard them say something insanely stupid? Schooling in my opinion is a way of training. They were taught.. something, and that something was not problem solving or the scientific method.

Many people follow the proccedures they have been taught to do "x" and make a living. Whether it's how to fix a car, "teach" a kid, or "treat" a patient. The "educational processes" in this country are designed to restrict free thought.

Did you watch the session yesterday when the state congressman asked what an HQL was? Or kept saying certain things were illegal that weren't? Or didn't understand that his bill was violating more constitutional ammendments than he wanted to infringe?

May 19, 2016
    H/T Volokh
    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a33fc38e4b040881bea2f37

Yes, its HuffPo, But the interviews are still interesting. Also, did a good job summarizing thr Dredd "guns are for white people" Scott Supreme Court decision.

And they interviewed Maj Toure of Black Guns Matter

:party29:

I remember this article. Black people own guns for the same reasons anyone else own guns, to protect themselves and their families from enemies foreign and domestic.

If you go to any of the ranges around Baltimore City you will see a number of Blacks and Asians. The liberal press doesn't want to explore or give a well researched viewpoint. Even though they showed a small number of gun owners, they didn't want to expose too much of the truth.

May 19, 2016
    Some won't. Many of my American friends, many of them grad school classmates who are white and come from moderately privileged backgrounds, stay quite liberal years later as they have jobs and become parents themselves. I rarely see a non-white person in all the pictures they post on facebook, but they sure speak loudly about liberal causes. That evil AR15 article was lined to me from one of them.

That is most likely because even thogh they have jobs, they haven't sufferered enough hardship to question the status quo. It is "how things are" and they simply "pay the cost". I didn't think about it too much until I was laid off. Then I had time to analyze the situation and look at reality and those who would manipulate me for their own personal gain.

Without a personal event, many people will simply parrot the majority until something gets their attention enough for them to think about it. Like a home invasion, assualt, or how a policy that never affected them before now affects them so deeply they cannot ignore it any further. As the saying goes:

"There are known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns."

Mr H

Banana'd
    Young people are frequently left leaning. Then they get a job and start to wonder where their taxes go.

Two old sayings...

A Liberal is just a Conservative who hasn't yet figured out that they've been robbed

And Churchill (something close to this)...

If you are in your twenties and not a Liberal, you have no heart. If you are in your forties and not a Conservative, you have no brain.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    College breed hardcore liberals. I've known people who came to college solidly conservative and graduated hardcore liberal.

Most college courses focus on race, class, gender, etc. It's becoming harder and harder to take an objective history course.

Colleges have whole courses on feelings and stuff like that, and social justice.

Once they graduate, they might become a little less hardcore liberal, most of them do recognize that government waste is a problem, but given the choice of continue wasting, or cut the program, they will choose to continue to waste to avoid hurting the people being helped.

There is such an opportunity for the Republican party to move in on that territory, that it's depressing to watch them piss it away.

The Republican party should reinvent itself with the slogan of the accountability party. Make Democrats have to argue against accountability.

MrsRab1515

Nov 27, 2017
    All over the dang state
    College breed hardcore liberals. I've known people who came to college solidly conservative and graduated hardcore liberal.

Happened to one of my friends. Got even worse when she went off to grad school. Didn't finish the degree, but the ideology stuck. At least she's willing to let me teach her how to shoot.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When Liberals grow up , they become Conservatives.

When Conservatives grow up, they become Libertarians.

I has my observations that people become/ are gun owners for the same reason(s) , regardless of race or ethnicity.

In NYC , the infamous Sullivan Law (1911) was primarily aimed at Irish, Italians, and central Europeans .

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    One thing that constantly baffles many first generation Chinese immigrants (most of whom came to the US after mainland China opened up in the 1980s), is why the Asian political leaders (many of them have been in the US for generations, born and raised here) that are in office are largely left leaning. It's probably because many of them grew up and get influenced in left leaning states like California and New York, where there are high concentration of Asian population, and right leaning candidates have little chance of winning office.

One complaint I have heard far too often is that the left is over-protective of those who are known to target Asians for violent crimes, and the left loves "diversity" and racial quota in higher education, tech and other fields requiring high skills where Asians are "over-represented", while they don't want to address the real discrimination faced by Asian Americans (except for occasionally decrying lack of Asians on TV and movies). So why on earth are Asian leaders almost all staunch democrats?
    This is true. In California and New York, registering as a Democrat is the only way a politician can get into office. California is gerrymandered and only Democrat politicians will win. So, the Asians who have been in the US for several generations go with what will let them advance. They are success driven and this is the only way to succeed in politics in the coast states. There are some Democrat Chinese politicians who are closet 2nd A. supporters, but going public will be a death wish unless they have a large voter base. They don't have as large a voter base as blacks and hispanics because many Asians don't want to be political. The blacks use racism and self-victimization to get other blacks and white liberals to vote for them. Hispanics will just appeal to La Raza and they'll get the hispanic vote. Asians can't play their Asian race because many Asian voters don't go vote on election day. Also, despite events like the Chinese Exclusion Act, Japanese American imprisonment during WW II, and other laws denying Asians rights in the past, Asian Americans don't use these as excuses for being victims and demanding special treatment like blacks use slavery.

As to why do people vote for Democrats? The state of California is gerrymandered so that Democrats will stay in office or gain seats. Republicans can only hold on or lose seats in the state and local offices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom