• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Trying to get my walkin cooler put up before hunting season starts the end of Aug...I think I should be able to get it set up. I got a new rifle that needs to kill a deer. But my trusty bow gets me hunting a month and half sooner than the gun guys so hopefully I can tag out before the gun season starts. Im itching to kill a nice bear, elk, or deer this season. I know I'll get a deer at some point but theres a couple really nice ones around. The elk may not happen during bow season but Im hoping to get a bear the first month of bear season.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Go ahead, tease an old crippled man. Unless I find a few deer interesting in committing suicide in my backyard, I doubt I'll be able to hunt again this year. You wouldn't think that a little knee replacement could have gone so bad. I'm a candidate for a revision (second replacement) but I'm hearing they don't go so well either. So if you fellows don't mind, post up your pictures and tell your tales. I'll be looking forward to seeing all of your success stories from my man cave.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Go ahead, tease an old crippled man. Unless I find a few deer interesting in committing suicide in my backyard, I doubt I'll be able to hunt again this year. You wouldn't think that a little knee replacement could have gone so bad. I'm a candidate for a revision (second replacement) but I'm hearing they don't go so well either. So if you fellows don't mind, post up your pictures and tell your tales. I'll be looking forward to seeing all of your success stories from my man cave.

backyard hunting is the best! Put out a salt lick or feeder.

You dont have that far to drag the deer to the truck. :beer:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    backyard hunting is the best! Put out a salt lick or feeder.

You dont have that far to drag the deer to the truck. :beer:

As HvyMax used to say - "It's always bumper season!!".

(Best to have full coverage insurance though...)

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Man Im sorry to hear that...Im getting my stuff together finally...I got my new deer blind up, I started clearing out a spot for my walk-in cooler and hopefully this week I'll get the floor down/installed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I hear they're calling for 6-8 inches of snow on that day. Winds around 45 mph too. :D

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You must be new around here.

I love SNOW! Bring it! ;)

Yep, I've only been around for 9 years. I'm just a baby. :D I'm one of them 07'ers.

Snow is good, just not that kinda snow sitting on trees full of leaves. ;)

I wish you nothing but luck no matter what the weather conditions are when you're in the woods. All I want is that 10 pointer from the last 2 years to show it's rack in my yard during shooting times. My crossbow is good as long as these old eyes can see through the scope.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    What color laser would be best? How well can deer see the green or red wavelengths?

AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    Just picked up a set of NAP Spitfire XXX. I will report back after trying them out.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Good luck to all the early season hunters! I don't like hunting in the heat and I stillhunt on the ground with my bow, so I usually wait until early October to get going.

Doofy_13

Dec 20, 2015
    Sykesville
    22 days. The season needs to start so I can spend time in the woods and not online buying a million new things. Wife is getting quite upset but I don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom