• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I just have a hard time figuring out how bears get to some of these places where they are sited. When they were building Arundel Mills mall they sited and trapped a black bear on that property. How did it get there. Where did it come from? I have seen bears in western, MD in Allegany and Garrett counties and understand that is there habitat, but how did a bear get to that parcel of land that is now Arundel Mills mall or to that patch of woods behind Mayfield Woods Middle School in Elkridge? Did he come down 70 to 29 to 100??? WTH

Probably not all the bears I know are unemployed and don't have cars. They're also pretty shy about using public transportation so they probably just got a friend to give them a ride.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    One spotted this morning by a house between Rockburn and Avalon, in my neighborhood.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1467210270967.jpg
      FB_IMG_1467210270967.jpg
      151.6 KB · Views: 228

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Nature happens, as predators go black bears are probably one of the less terrifying to have around, leave it alone, watch storing food or trash outside and they won't bother you.

There is an ice cream parlour and mini golf course down the road, they kept a well known captive born bear named Ricky, got complaints all the time from people angry that the bear escaped and was running around the grounds, or nearby houses, usually got worried when the owner told them Ricky was still in her cage.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I was talking to a guy Tuesday evening at a lacrosse game and he said his wife was outside weeding the flower bed and when she turned around a black bear was 10' away from her. This was in a neighborhood off Folly Quarter in ellicott city.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Case in point:

Went to a friend's property to camp, but we always check on his cabin for this reason. We showed up and another ******* bear got in. Pried off all his fencing that usually works.

Ripped down the metal window guards, broke the glass, and ransacked the place. All there was was some canned food, booze, and cleaning supplies. This bear drank windex and flavored surgical scrub and ate a little rat poison. The last bear ate a 5 gallon bucket of the stuff.

6342e2b0e8daf2cbcb86059ae93e2c32.jpg

3f73290f9a9f1ae6a6279151f25c9a26.jpg

869fc01c5be9d797896f0f6fd653844c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom