What are the online firearms sales without FFL that Biden talks about?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    Something phony they made up to scare the sheeple.Knowledge is power. We know on-line sales and purchases at Gun shows require an FFL. But to someone who doesn't they say see this is how criminals get guns I've seen people at shows walking around with rifles for sale perfectly legal.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    No such thing, must goto FFL or it would be illegal. I think the laws were put into place in 1968, when they found out Oswald had ordered a gun via Mail Order. Whats even more crazy is the NRA back then supported it.

Its like the blind leading the blind in todays government. Pretty sad The law abiding citizen knows more than the people concocting these proposed laws

semper000

Mar 24, 2009
    Well you know when they need to, they just make stuff up. Our politicians stopped educating themselves about a subject matter before passing laws about it long ago.

Bravo757

Stand In The Gap
    Apr 5, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Yes - he said "SHEEPLE" As in the right of the Sheeple to keep and share lies about what good people do with their guns shall not be infringed!!!

All in the attempt to scare those who refuse to think for themselves and are ever more growing dependent upon the will of the government to direct their lives.

I guess somewhere there's been a non FFL sale - but oh wait a minute that would be illegal as in in something an outlaw would do...as in criminal activity and ain't that already against the law????????!!!!!!!!! Unless you're the Attorney General and the guns are going to drug lords and in that case... its OK

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    There's a few versions of "no background check" Internet sales:

1. Face-to-face, cash-and-carry sales of long guns to someone else in-state that are arranged online via Craigslist, Gunbroker, or even our own classifieds section.

2. Illegal sales involving a sale that should be via an FFL (out of state, handgun, etc.) but isn't.

How many of you think that any new legislation will impact #2 until we actually start investigating and prosecuting people who buy/sell illegally?

That's what I thought.

stonet21

Mar 4, 2009
    A very liberal client of mine thinks that you can purchase a gun online from another country. The scary thing is he is a retired professor.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    A very liberal client of mine thinks that you can purchase a gun online from another country. The scary thing is he is a retired professor.

1) a lot of professors are idiots.
    2) all liberals are idiots.

Is Biden possibly referring to CMP home deliveries or C&R licensees getting firearms delivered to the door?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    A lot of liberals I talk to did not know avg joe citizen can be a FFL for antique guns. I think this is where they use the lack of knowledge to bend the truth. Or they think because we buy on the internet that we can have it shipped to our houses avoiding the whole background check mechanism all together on non C&R guns.

KD999

Dec 18, 2012
    Virginia
    FTF sales will still be exempt under the proposed "change". Also "gifting" to a family member or friend. I'm talking non-regulated. So what's the difference?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It's not C&R.

I think it's online classifieds, something like this.

I saw some sensational news blurb on tv a year or so ago, where the Investigative Journalist was hyperventilating over some online classified site in, I think, Arizona.

I guess they think it works like Amazon dot com: push a few buttons and two days later UPS drops the boxes on your porch and drives off.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    You won't be able to advertise anywhere that you have a gun for sale. It's becoming obvious that virtually all private sales will be eliminated if this passes. You may be able to sell to a relative or someone you know from work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom