• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I didn't read this entire thread, but I have some friends there that say they only have internet for a few hours out of the day.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I would love to move to WV. I visited Martinsburg a while back, it was pretty diverse. Although my commute would be 2 hours into DC, almost impractical.

train ride :) just think nap in the morning and a nap in the evening:D

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I didn't read this entire thread, but I have some friends there that say they only have internet for a few hours out of the day.

My neighbor, and this is out in the sticks, has no problem with his internet.
    We use verizon wireless to get ours, sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't depending on which way the wind is blowing and the phase of the moon (there is no cell tower in sight, so I don't know how far away the signal is coming from).

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

That's because the carrier pigeons need a break from carrying all those packets.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    We should all get together and shoot some stuff one day... Maybe a range day at peace maker for those around the area.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    I like those WV mountains and I don't think enough sh$#birds from DC would be able to tip the scales in favor of their libtard agenda. But I can definitely understand your feelings.

Thats what I worry about.

"Oh its so cheap here! And everyones friendly! Let's move there and omg whats this? People have guns here? Can't have that. This is our state now!". Happened to CO.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Thats what I worry about.

"Oh its so cheap here! And everyones friendly! Let's move there and omg whats this? People have guns here? Can't have that. This is our state now!". Happened to CO.

Happened to BOULDER. Not COLORADO. Google the enforcement of the "ban" and the recall.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    True, but it bothers me how they move somewhere for the benefits of low crime/cheap housing and then try to ruin it with their BS.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    WV geography and infrastructure in the majority of the state is unappealing for that mindset. VA, NOVA specifically has that complex way before WV.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Besides the area around Harper's Ferry, and now Corridor H, WV still looks the same as it did to me 25 years ago where I travel to my relatives farm regularly.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    WV geography and infrastructure in the majority of the state is unappealing for that mindset. VA, NOVA specifically has that complex way before WV.

You'd be surprised about the number who try and go back... They come here, enjoy the touristy stuff and knee-jerk. Afterwards they realize it's not what they made it out to be, kinda like a honeymoon period with women. :lol2:

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    You'd be surprised about the number who try and go back... They come here, enjoy the touristy stuff and knee-jerk. Afterwards they realize it's not what they made it out to be, kinda like a honeymoon period with women. :lol2:

Is it as wild as say the show Justified? I know it takes place in Kentucky but it's Appalachia nonetheless. We did a 3 day sportbike trip and stayed in Parkersburg I think? It was very, very badass out there.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    Is it as wild as say the show Justified? I know it takes place in Kentucky but it's Appalachia nonetheless. We did a 3 day sportbike trip and stayed in Parkersburg I think? It was very, very badass out there.

lol, I've never seen the show (don't have cable, just internet + Netflix & Amazon streaming)... but not really from what I read on Wikipedia, lol!

I'm in Wood Co, where Parkersburg is the county seat. 50 is a blast on a bike for being a 4 lane, though it's the primary moneymaker for Ritchie and Doddridge County cops, lol. We used to run it all the time for a daytrip from Elkins... ran down to Snowshoe, through Cass and Greenbank for an afternoon/evening run. I miss my scoots! :sad20:

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    lol, I've never seen the show (don't have cable, just internet + Netflix & Amazon streaming)... but not really from what I read on Wikipedia, lol!

I'm in Wood Co, where Parkersburg is the county seat. 50 is a blast on a bike for being a 4 lane, though it's the primary moneymaker for Ritchie and Doddridge County cops, lol. We used to run it all the time for a daytrip from Elkins... ran down to Snowshoe, through Cass and Greenbank for an afternoon/evening run. I miss my scoots! :sad20:

Damn. I was excited! JK still love WV. The whole trip we were out there we were railing through turns, think I saw 2 cops the entire trip. Have never been pulled over in WV even at --- the speed limit.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    It's definitly more isolated. I usually only see 1 or 2 visibly marked law enforcement cars while out there, and most of the time never. A lot less people, thats for sure.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Yeah me either. I do wish they would finish the damn Corridor H, it would cut 90 minutes off my trip home. That is a big difference if you want to try and make the drive on just a weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom