Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Did they just kill this bill for the session? Special Order adopted until the next session. Normally they include a day; I can't recall "session."

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    At least they defined a bump stock correctly.

Seems to me (many?) transferable machine guns will be BANNED after Oct 1 2018 because they included "burst trigger systems" (or maybe Oct 1 2019 if yone applied for the NFA stamp after Oct 1 2018 and got authorization before Oct 1 2019).

Looks to me as though someone with actual firearms knowledge helped them with this.

I'm sure someone did. There are plenty of 2A Turncoats just here on MDS that have just enough knowledge to create problems.

There are even more outside this circle.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    At least they defined a bump stock correctly.

Seems to me (many?) transferable machine guns will be BANNED after Oct 1 2018 because they included "burst trigger systems" (or maybe Oct 1 2019 if yone applied for the NFA stamp after Oct 1 2018 and got authorization before Oct 1 2019).

Looks to me as though someone with actual firearms knowledge helped them with this.

Seem pretty explicit that trigger packs would be banned under this bill. Unbelievable.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The current language of this bill will ban machine guns in MD unless owned before the ban date.

That's why they mention BATFE Registration.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Again, they special ordered the bill until next session. Unless I'm not reading that correctly, does that not mean it's dead?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180313-163748.jpg
      Screenshot_20180313-163748.jpg
      11.8 KB · Views: 363

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The current language of this bill will ban machine guns in MD unless owned before the ban date.

That's why they mention BATFE Registration.

The language specifies a "device when installed" which means sears and registered bolts would be out but your push pin HK, registered receiver M16s etc would be OK.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    It probably means that, because Hogan will sign it, they can't use it to hurt his chances of re-election. They know it's just feel-good regulation and want to save it for a more politically opportune time.

Or that's my take on it.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    It probably means that, because Hogan will sign it, they can't use it to hurt his chances of re-election. They know it's just feel-good regulation and want to save it for a more politically opportune time.

Or that's my take on it.

They'd pass it in a heartbeat if he'd sign it - which he said he would.

I wonder if the DOJ announcement of intent to ban might have granted us a small reprieve.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Hmm... I don't see any exemptions for FFL's in the new language. My work builds and handles a lot of machine guns for the US gov... It also doesn't look like it provides any exemptions for Maryland law enforcement.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Or that's my take on it.

Or, consider this, they special order it, claim Hogan wouldn't sign it, and use it against him anyway.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Good luck primarying Republicans on this. Machine guns and bump stocks are not a voting issue, and Trump and a lot of prominent Republicans already gave air support for this. NRA already paved the way too. I won't be surprised to see a lot of Republicans vote for this to give Hogan cover. Look at it this way, a lot of Republicans in FL just voted for a complete shotgun/rifle ban for 18-20 year olds.

The bill is pretty specific, and atypically crystal clear for a MD gun grab. Pretty clear that the sponsors had help from someone who knows their stuff. Unfortunately it looks like we got nothing for this.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I'm still in disbelief that we've gone from a bumpstock ban to machine gun conversion device ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom